|Date of birth||9 January 1979|
|Place of birth||Nettuno, Italy|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 September 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Conti started his career at his father's club Roma, debuting in 1996. In 1999 he was sold to Cagliari in a co-ownership deal. He did not leave the club despite the club being relegated in 2000. In June 2004, he was in the team when they were the runner-up of Serie B and returned to Serie A after 4 seasons. After the retirement of long-serving Uruguayan defender Diego López in 2010, Conti has become the new team captain.
In January 2013 Conti extended his contract for 1 more year. On 10 November 2013, he scored a brace against Torino. His father Bruno wrote an open letter which was published on the local newspaper L'Unione Sarda several days later, congratulating him on a stellar career – earlier that year Daniele became the club's all-time appearance maker, breaking local legend Mario Brugnero's three decade-old record.
- "Bruno e Daniele, i Conti che tornano" (in Italian). Gazetta dello Sport. 31 October 1999.
- "Daniele Conti rossoblù sino al 2014" (in Italian). Cagliari Calcio. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Esplora il significato del termine: L’orgoglio dei Conti, papà Bruno scrive a Daniele «Onori la nostra famiglia, dentro e fuori il campo»" (in Italian). Corriere della Sera. 13 November 2013.
- "Cagliari Calcio – Presenze assolute – Top 20". cagliaricalcio.net.
- Profile and Statistics on the Lega Serie A website
- (Italian) Gazzetta dello Sport player profile
- Aic.football.it profile
|This biographical article related to association football in Italy, about a midfielder born in the 1970s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|