|Date of birth||25 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Lecco, Italy|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Pizzighettone (loan)||33||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Crotone (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Liverpool (loan)||1||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Pisa (loan)||7||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Avellino (loan)||15||(0)|
|2009–2011||→ Bari (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Padelli began his playing career at Delebio, a team from Valtellina of Seconda Categoria. He moved to Lecco in 2001 and then Como the year after. In 2004, he transferred to Sampdoria, playing for the primavera, before being loaned to Pizzighettone in Serie C1 (33 appearances with 29 goals conceded) and then Crotone (one appearance, 2 goals conceded).
On 12 January 2007, he was loaned to Liverpool for the duration of the season with the option to make the deal permanent. On the completion of the deal Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez said, "He's a good young goalkeeper who has been selected for his national side. Padelli will give us a good option for the future. The fact he is once again with the under-21s for his national side tells you that we are signing a very good player." He made his debut, and only appearance, for the club on 13 May 2007 against Charlton Athletic F.C. in the last league game of the 2006–07 season to become the first Italian to ever play for the club. However, his poor performance saw him concede two goals in a disappointing draw for the Reds. He returned to Sampdoria on 8 June 2007.
On 5 July 2007 he was officially loaned to Pisa in Serie B, playing several friendly matches for the side as well as making an appearance in the Coppa Italia against Napoli. In the first league game he was left on the bench, playing in the fourth round (0–3) against Brescia; in the following game, coach Giampiero Ventura selected him over the more experienced Davide Morello. However, his season ended with only 7 appearances with 10 goals conceded. In 2008–09, he was loaned to Avellino with the option to make the deal permanent. With the biancoverdi, he collected 15 appearances with 29 goals conceded, relegating to Lega Pro Prima Divisione at the end of the season. He returned to Sampdoria.
On 2 July 2009 he was transferred from the Genoese club on loan to Bari with a buyout clause, where he served as deputy to Jean-François Gillet. He made his debut in Serie A and with Bari on 9 May 2010 in the match Udinese-Bari (3–3). On 29 July 2010 his loan was renewed, with Padelli playing his first game of the 2010–11 season in a 1–1 draw with Palermo.
On 29 May 2013 Padelli was signed by Torino on a free transfer, where, due to the suspension of Gillet, he was a starter. He debuted in the third round of Coppa Italia and conceded twice in a 1–2 loss to Pescara. Padelli played in every match of the 2013–14 season, which concluded with Torino's qualification to the Europa League, collecting 38 appearances. He was awarded the goalkeeping revelation of the season at the Italian Sport Awards on 21 May 2014.
On 30 August 2014 he was called up to the Italian national team for the first time by the new coach Antonio Conte in view of a friendly against the Netherlands on 4 September and the Euro 2016 qualifying match against Norway on 9 September.
As of 21 December 2014.
|Season||Team||Season||Domestic League||European Competition||Other Competitions||Total|
- "Reds sign Italian goalkeeper". liverpoolfc.com. 2007-01-12. Retrieved 2014-09-28.
- Sanghera, Mandeep (2007-05-13). "Liverpool 2–2 Charlton". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "Addicks Spoil Fowler's Finale". skysports.com. 2007-05-13. Archived from the original on 14 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Padelli returns to Italy after loan spell". liverpoolfc.com. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2014-09-28.
- "ACCORDO RAGGIUNTO CON LA SAMP PER PADELLI E KOMAN" (in Italian). US Avellino. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-05.[dead link]
- D'Ambrosio, Germano (5 August 2008). "UFFICIALE: Avellino, presi Padelli e Koman" (in Italian). Tutto Mercato Web. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Bari snap up Sampdoria keeper Padelli
- "DANIELE PADELLI PASSA ALL'UDINESE A TITOLO DEFINITIVO". sampdoria.it. U.C. Sampdoria. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "2013 2014 regular season". soccerway.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "D. Padelli". soccerway.com (in Italian). Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Torino. Padelli è il portiere rivelazione della Serie A, Petrachi miglior diesse". gazzetta.it (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Toro premiato come squadra rivelazione della serie A". toronews.it (in Italian). toronews. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "BROMMAPOJKARNA VS. TORINO 0 - 3". soccerway.com. Retrieved 2 August 2014.