|Date of birth||25 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Lecco, Italy|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Pizzighettone (loan)||33||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Crotone (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Liverpool (loan)||1||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Pisa (loan)||7||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Avellino (loan)||15||(0)|
|2009–2011||→ Bari (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Padelli began his playing career at Delebio, a team from Valtellina of Seconda Categoria. He moved to Lecco in 2001 and then Como the year after. In 2004, he transferred to Sampdoria, playing for the primavera, before being loaned to Pizzighettone in Serie C1 (33 appearances with 29 goals conceded) and then Crotone (one appearance, 2 goals conceded).
On 12 January 2007, he was loaned to Liverpool for the duration of the season with the option to make the deal permanent. On the completion of the deal Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez said, "He's a good young goalkeeper who has been selected for his national side. Padelli will give us a good option for the future. The fact he is once again with the under-21s for his national side tells you that we are signing a very good player." He made his debut, and only appearance, for the club on 13 May 2007 against Charlton Athletic F.C. in the last league game of the 2006–07 season. Subsequently becoming the first Italian to ever play for the club. However, his poor performance saw him concede two goals in a disappointing draw for the Reds. He returned to Sampdoria on 8 June 2007.
On 5 July 2007 he was officially loaned to Pisa in Serie B, playing several friendly matches for the side as well as making an appearance Coppa Italia against Napoli. In the first league game he was left on the bench, playing in the fourth round (0–3) against Brescia; in the following game, coach Giampiero Ventura selected him over a more experienced Davide Morello. However, his season ended with only 7 appearances with 10 goals conceded. In 2008–09, he was loaned to Avellino with the option to make the deal permanent. With the biancoverdi, he collected 15 appearances with 29 goals conceded, relegating to Lega Pro Prima Divisione at the end of the season. He returned to Sampdoria.
On 2 July 2009 he joined Bari on loan where he served as second-choice keeper to Jean-François Gillet. Under Giampiero Ventura, he made his debut in Serie A with Bari on 9 May 2010 in the match Udinese-Bari (3–3). On 29 July 2010 Bari renewed the loan with Padelli playing his first game of the 2010–11 season in a home draw 1–1 against Palermo.
On 25 June 2011 he returned to Sampdoria at the end of the loan, but on 31 August it was announced that he had been sold outright to Udinese. At Udinese, he was once again second-choice goalkeeper, playing 12 times in all official competitions.
On 29 May 2013 he was signed by Torino on a free transfer, subsequently becoming the first-choice goalkeeper after the suspension of Jean-François Gillet. Having been purchased out of contract, he officially joined the Granata on 1 July 2013. He debuted in the third round of Coppa Italia, conceding twice in a 1–2 loss to Pescara. He played every match throughout the 2013–14 Serie A, collecting 38 appearances in the season that saw Torino finish 7th. Padelli was awarded the goalkeeper revelation of the season at the Italian Sport Awards on 21 May 2014.
On 30 August 2014 he was called up to the Italian national team for the first time by the new coach Antonio Conte in view of a friendly against the Netherlands on 4 September and the Euro 2016 qualifying match against Norway on 9 September.
Updated 21 May 2014.
- "Reds sign Italian goalkeeper". liverpoolfc.tv. 2007-01-12. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- Sanghera, Mandeep (2007-05-13). "Liverpool 2–2 Charlton". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "Addicks Spoil Fowler's Finale". skysports.com. 2007-05-13. Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Padelli returns to Italy after loan spell". liverpoolfc.tv. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- "ACCORDO RAGGIUNTO CON LA SAMP PER PADELLI E KOMAN" (in Italian). US Avellino. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- Bari snap up Sampdoria keeper Padelli
- "DANIELE PADELLI PASSA ALL'UDINESE A TITOLO DEFINITIVO". sampdoria.it. U.C. Sampdoria. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "D. Padelli". soccerway.com (in Italian). Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "2013 2014 regular season". soccerway.com. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Torino. Padelli è il portiere rivelazione della Serie A, Petrachi miglior diesse". gazzetta.it (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Toro premiato come squadra rivelazione della serie A". toronews.it (in Italian). toronews. Retrieved 21 May 2014.