|Date of birth||10 October 1984|
|Place of birth||Brindisi, Italy|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2007||→ Pescara (loan)||15||(5)|
|2009–2010||→ Torino (loan)||10||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Bologna (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Vantaggiato started his career at A.S. Bari. He was sold to Crotone in joint-ownership bid, where he won Serie B promotion. Vantaggiato returned to Bari in summer 2005. He was the regular of the squad before left for Pescara, who was then struggling to keep from relegation to Serie C1. In summer 2007, he left for Rimini for another joint-ownership bid, replacing Davide Moscardelli, after not appeared on the pre-season medical test for Bari. After Jeda left for Cagliari in January 2008, Vantaggiato became the team leading scorer. At the end of season Rimini won the blind bidding to have the full ownership.
But in January 2009, his 13 goals scored in mid-season made Parma F.C. signed him (€1.9M) along with team-mate Francesco Lunardini (€1M) in co-ownership deal, in exchange for Davide Matteini (50% for €1M) and Daniele Paponi on loan. Parma won promotion back to Serie A as 2008–09 Serie B runner-up.
In January 2010, Vantaggiato was sold to Calcio Padova in another co-ownership deal (Parma also paid Rimini €1.9M). Vantaggiato's 50% registration rights was valued €2.5 million, while Pietro Baccolo joined Parma for €1.5 million also in co-ownership deal. In June 2011 both Parma and Padova gave up the remain 50% registration rights to opposite club.
Vantaggiato then loaned to Serie A club Bologna F.C. 1909 in July 2011 with option to purchase. Vantaggiato signed a 1+2 year contract with the first year worth €842,165 in gross. Vantaggiato only played twice in October 2011.
Italian football scandal
- Serie C1 runner-up/playoff winner: 2004
- "Vantaggiato e Conti non si presentano a Mezzano di Primiero". AS Bari (in Italian). 12 July 2007. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- Parma FC SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2010 (Italian)
- Parma FC Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (Italian)
- Bologna FC 1909 SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2011 (Italian)
- "AUDIZIONI DELLA PROCURA FEDERALE: IL CALENDARIO AGGIORNATO AL 26 APRILE" (in Italian). FIGC. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- Profile at La Gazzetta dello Sport (Italian)