|Alma mater||Princeton University, University of Cambridge, Harvard University|
|political theory, history of political thought, political sociology, Greek and Roman political history|
Danielle S. Allen (born 1971) is an American classicist and political scientist, and UPS Foundation Professor at the Institute for Advanced Study. She currently serves as a trustee of Amherst College  and is chair of the Pulitzer Prize board. In 2015, she will join the Government Department of Harvard University and will become the director of Harvard's Safra Center for Ethics.
Allen graduated from Princeton University with an A.B. in Classics in 1993, from Cambridge University with a Ph.D. in Classics in 1996, and from Harvard University with a Ph.D. in Government in 2001. She taught at University of Chicago, and was Dean of the Division of Humanities from 2004 to 2007. She organized The Dewey Seminar: Education, Schools and the State, with Robert Reich.
Awards and honors
- 2001 Quantrell Award for Excellence 
- 2002 MacArthur Fellows Program
- 2009 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- "It's Up to Obama", Democracy Issue #16, Spring 2010
- The World of Prometheus: The Politics of Punishing in Democratic Athens, 2000, (reprint Princeton University Press, 2002, ISBN 978-0-691-09489-2)
- Talking to Strangers: Anxieties of Citizenship Since Brown vs. the Board of Education, University of Chicago Press, 2004, ISBN 978-0-226-01466-1
- Why Plato Wrote, John Wiley & Sons, Limited, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4443-3448-7
- Our Declaration: A Reading of the Declaration of Independence in Defense of Equality, Liveright, 2014, ISBN 978-0871406903
- Talking to Strangers: Anxieties of Citizenship Since Brown v. Board of Education, 2004
- The World of Prometheus: The Politics of Punishing in Democratic Athens, Princeton University Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0691058696
- "Book of Members, 1780-2010: Chapter A". American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- https://www.amherst.edu/aboutamherst/facts/trustees%7Caccessdate=13 January 2015
- http://www.pulitzer.org/board/2015%7Caccessdate=13 January 2015
- "An interview with Danielle S. Allen", University of Chicago Press
- "An Attack That Came Out of the Ether", The Washington Post, Matthew Mosk, June 28, 2008