King during the Glasgow event of the 2012–2013 UCI Track Cycling World Cup Classics season.
|Full name||Danielle King|
21 November 1990 |
Southampton, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||62 kilograms (137 lb)|
|Current team||Wiggle Honda|
|Discipline||Track and road|
|2009||Vision 1 Racing|
|Infobox last updated on
20 October 2013
Danielle 'Dani' King MBE (born 21 November 1990) is an English track cyclist. King is a three time world champion in the women's team pursuit, competing for the winning Great Britain team at the 2011 World Championships  alongside Laura Trott and Wendy Houvenaghel, 2012 alongside Trott and Joanna Rowsell, and 2013 with Trott and Elinor Barker. King sat out the 2014 event, again won by Great Britain with a team of Trott, Rowsell, Barker and Katie Archibald, but remains the reigning Olympic champion in the event.
She won the team pursuit at the Track Cycling World Cup in London in preparation for the Olympics in February 2012. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, King won a gold medal for the team pursuit alongside Laura Trott and Joanna Rowsell. The team also set a new world record time of 3:14:051 in this event.
King went to school at Hamble Community Sports College before attending Barton Peveril Sixth Form College. Her father, Trevor King, is a former biathlete who competed in two Winter Olympics. She has a younger sister. Whilst attending Hamble school the British cycling talent team visited in 2005 where they chose her to be on their training team. In 2009 she came down with glandular fever whilst training to become an elite cyclist, leading to worries about her career being over. She recovered, however, and was later chosen to compete at world champion level in late 2011 and after setting world record with her pursuit co athletes she was chosen for team GB.
- UCI Track Cycling World Championships
- 1st Team pursuit, 2011 European Track Championships
- 2013 – Wiggle Honda 2013 season
- 1st Team Pursuit, UCI Track Cycling World Championships
- 1st Team pursuit, UCI Track Cycling World Ranking
- Brown, Gregor (2 January 2009). "Vision 1 Racing adds Dani King". cyclingnews.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Gallagher, Brendan (24 March 2011). "UCI Track Cycling World Championships 2011: rising stars power women to team pursuit gold". London: The Telegraph.
- Bevan, Chris (4 August 2012). "BBC Sport – Olympics cycling: British women win team pursuit track gold". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Morton, Douglas (4 August 2012). "Team GB win gold medal in women's team pursuit with world record time – Cycling – Olympics". The Independent. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 2012.
- Beard, Matthew (30 July 2013). "Success stopped me being seen as a weirdo, says star Dani King". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- cite web |biography http://www.daniking.co.uk/profile/
- Churchward, Sally (26 February 2013). "Hampshire Olympic cyclist Dani King talks about life after winning gold". Southern Daily Echo. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "British National Track Championships 24th-28th September 2014: Communiqué No. 009". trackworldcup.co.uk. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "National Track Championships: Varnish & Trott among winners". bbc.co.uk. 27 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Dani King profile at Cycling Archives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danielle King.|