|Birth name||Danielle Moinet|
November 28, 1983 |
Manhasset, New York, U.S.
|Resides||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Summer Rae|
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Billed weight||118 lb (54 kg)|
|Billed from||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Trained by||Florida Championship Wrestling|
Danielle Moinet (born November 28, 1983) is an American professional wrestler, professional wrestling valet, model, actress, and former American football player currently signed to WWE under the ring name Summer Rae. Prior to joining WWE, Moinet played with the Chicago Bliss of the Lingerie Football League. She was also a main cast member of Total Divas for season two and part of season three.
- 1 Football career
- 2 WWE
- 3 Other media
- 4 Personal life
- 5 In wrestling
- 6 Championships and accomplishments
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Moinet played with the Chicago Bliss of the Lingerie Football League (LFL) from 2008 to 2011. She played as a cornerback and was the team's captain. On June 30, 2011, Moinet played in the LFL All-Star Game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario, in Canada which was her final game in the LFL. She was one of two players in the game from the Chicago Bliss.
Florida Championship Wrestling (2011–12)
In November 2011, it was reported that Moinet had signed a contract with WWE and was assigned to their developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling. Moinet made her television debut on the December 18 episode of FCW television, appearing in a ringside promo with Abraham Washington, and the following week she managed Washington during a tag team match. She also worked as the ring announcer for FCW television show. Changing her ring name to Summer Rae, she was prevented from interfering in a match between Seth Rollins and Rae's "new client" Brad Maddox by the debuting Paige on the March 5 episode of FCW television.
On the March 11 episode of FCW, Rae became the FCW General Manager. On the March 15 episode of FCW television, Rae decided to deactivate the Queen of FCW crown, leaving Raquel Diaz as the last champion. Rae made her in-ring debut on April 6 at an FCW live event, where she lost to Sofia Cortez in an elimination triple threat match, which also involved Paige.
After the dissolution of FCW, Rae went on to become a ring announcer for the WWE NXT show in 2012. Rae transitioned into an in-ring competitor on the January 30, 2013, episode of NXT when she attacked Paige due to her jealousy of Paige's popularity and success. On the February 13 episode of NXT, Paige suffered a shoulder injury while brawling with Rae, which Rae exploited later that episode in her first televised match to defeat Paige. After Paige continued to confront Rae, Rae finally faced off against Paige in a singles match on the May 1 episode of NXT, where Paige emerged victorious despite Rae's pre-match attack.
Rae competed in the NXT Women's Championship Tournament on the June 19 episode of NXT to crown the inaugural champion and defeated Sasha Banks in the first round, but lost to Emma in the semi-finals on July 10. Rae's post-match attack on Emma started a feud between them.
Emma later defeated Rae in a dance-off to become number one contender, but Rae retaliated by injuring Emma in the storyline, then issued a title challenge which NXT Women's Champion Paige accepted. On the August 14 NXT, Paige defeated Rae in a title match to retain her title. For weeks, Rae began to influence Sasha Banks to make herself relevant leading to Banks turning heel on the September 11 episode of NXT, by attacking NXT Women's Champion Paige. On the September 25 NXT, Summer accompanied Sasha to her match against Bayley, which Sasha won. Summer then declared that her and Sasha would run the NXT Divas division. Banks and Rae now know as “BFFs: Beautiful Fierce Females” faced Paige and Emma on the October 16 NXT, where they emerged victorious after Rae pinned Paige. Rae and Banks continued to face Paige and Emma in singles matches, including aligning themselves with Charlotte. Rae continued her rivalry with Natalya, who aligned herself with Bayley, losing to both in singles matches.
After a four-month absence from the show, Rae returned on the June 6 episode of NXT, distracting Bayley and allowing her BFF member Charlotte to get the victory. After the match, the BFFs attempted to attack Bayley only to be scared off by Emma and Paige. On the June 26 episode of NXT, during a match with the debuting Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Banks backed away from Rae when reaching out for help, hinting at Rae's removal from the stable. The following week, Banks disbanded the BFFs in a backstage segment. The following week Rae defeated Bayley in a number one contender's match, earning a title match against Charlotte, where Rae was unsuccessful.
Fandango's dance partner (2013–2014)
Summer Rae made her main roster debut on the April 22, 2013, episode of Raw as Fandango's dance partner. Later that night, Chris Jericho attacked Fandango following a match and proceeded to dance with Rae. On the May 13 episode of Raw, Rae along with Fandango faced Chris Jericho and Dancing with the Stars competitor Edyta Sliwinska in a dance off but Fandango's dance was cut short by an apparent injury to Rae's ankle. However, Rae later revealed that her tweaked ankle was merely a distraction to trap Jericho into Fandango's attack. On the October 25 episode of SmackDown, Rae got into a brawl with Natalya inside the ring during a match between Fandango and The Great Khali, which set up a match for the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, where Rae made her in-ring debut, teaming with Fandango to defeat Natalya and Khali, after Rae pinned Natalya, garnering her first pinfall victory. The following night, Rae made her singles debut in a rematch against Natalya, where she was defeated. At the Survivor Series pay-per-view, Rae participated in a seven-on-seven traditional elimination tag team match as her team took on the cast of Total Divas; she was eliminated by Nikki Bella, and her team ultimately lost the match. A rematch took place the following night on Raw, where her team was once again defeated, with Rae being the last to be eliminated. On the December 19 episode of Superstars, Rae defeated Kaitlyn, garnering her first singles match victory on the main roster. In the beginning of 2014, Rae started a feud with Emma, and the two competed in several dance-off competitions on both Raw and SmackDown, which Emma won. The two finally faced off in a match on the February 24 episode of Raw, where Emma defeated Rae. On March 27 episode of WWE Superstars, Rae once again lost to Emma via submission. On April 6, Rae made her WrestleMania debut, competing at WrestleMania XXX in a 14-Diva "Vickie Guerrero Invitational" match for the WWE Divas Championship, which was won by defending champion AJ Lee. The following night on Raw, Rae and Fandango once again lost to Emma and Marella in a mixed tag team match, with Emma making Rae submit. On April 8, Fandango announced the end of his association with Rae via Twitter. On the April 11 episode of SmackDown, Fandango replaced Rae with Layla. This storyline was put in place to allow Moinet time off television to film The Marine 4. Rae returned on the May 19 episode of Raw, where she confronted and kissed Fandango and attacked Layla before their match. Rae made her in-ring return on the following episode of Raw, in an losing effort to Eva Marie following the interference from Fandango and Layla. In following weeks, Rae and Layla assaulted each other backstage and at ringside during Fandango's matches. This led to a match between Rae and Layla at Money in the Bank, with Fandango as the special guest referee. At the pay-per-view, Layla secured the victory over Rae.
Various storylines (2014–present)
On the July 11 episode of SmackDown, Rae attacked Layla during a match between Fandango and Adam Rose, which Fandango lost via count-out. This led to a rematch between Rae and Layla later that night, with Fandango once again as the special guest referee. The match ended when both Rae and Layla attacked Fandango, ending Layla's relationship with him. They danced together in the ring. Beginning at Battleground, the two Divas formed their own alliance and began distracting Fandango during his matches, causing him several losses. In their first match as a team, Rae and Layla, who called themselves "The Slayers", lost to Paige and AJ Lee on the July 18 episode of SmackDown. The Slayers won their first match as a team on the September 2 episode of Main Event, where they defeated Rosa Mendes and Natalya. At Survivor Series, Rae participated in a 4-on-4 elimination tag team match, where she was eliminated by Emma before her team ultimately lost the match. The Slayers then quietly disbanded due to Layla's absence from WWE television.
In 2013, Rae was featured as downloadable content for the WWE 2K14 video game. She has since appeared in WWE 2K15 as part of the main roster. In 2014, Rae was apart of the cast of Total Divas, a reality television show produced by WWE and E! from the show's second season to the middle of season 3. In 2015, she will star in The Marine 4: Moving Target alongside The Miz.
|2014||Total Divas||Herself||Main (season 2–mid season 3)|
|2015||The Marine 4: Moving Target||TBA||Post-production|
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Awards and nominations
|2014||Shorty Awards||Best of Social Media||Herself||Nominated|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV: Reality Show||Total Divas||Nominated|
- "Summer Rae – Online World of Wrestling". Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "Summer Rae – IWD Profile". The Internet Wrestling Database.
- "Summer Rae = Wrestlers Database = CAGEMATCH Profile". CAGEMATCH. Retrieved February 3, 2013.[unreliable source?]
- "Summer Rae". WWE. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/723253-br-exclusive-interview-with-lingerie-football-league-star-danielle-moinet[unreliable source?]
- Martin, Adam (November 27, 2011). "WWE signs Lingerie Football League player". WrestleView. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Martin, Adam (December 26, 2011). "FCW Results – 12/26/11". WrestleView. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- namako, Jason (January 16, 2011). "FCW Results – 1/16/12". WrestljdjdjekdnudhknkenjenjjjghnyviytrtgreView. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Namako, Jason (March 5, 2012). "FCW Results – 3/5/12". WrestleView. Retrieved March 20, 2012.
- "FCW TV Results". PWInsider. March 18, 2012. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- Trionfo, Richard. "COMPLETE FCW TELEVISION TAPING SPOILERS FOR APRIL". Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- "NXT spoilers from Florida, with an injured John Cena in attendance, a big surprise and more". PWInsider. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 1/30: Tournament continues, Bo Dallas in main event, returns of Bateman, A-Ry & Mason Ryan". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 2/6 – Week 32: Tag Tournament continues, Bo Dallas's main-roster debut carries over, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT results 2/13 – Week 33: First NXT tag champions crowned, Paige vows to take over the show". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT report 3/13 – Week 37: Champ vs. Champ, Brother vs. Brother, plus Hero vs. Bateman; Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT report 4/3 – Week 40: Big E. defends NXT Title, final hype for Regal-Ohno, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT report: tag team elimination match; Paige gets on Summer's dance card; Chris Jericho faces Bray Wyatt; and tag title match next week". PWInsider. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT report: Wyatt Family in six man action; women's tournament continues; Zayn/Cesaro III is coming". PWINSIDER. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT report: the Wyatt Family in action; the finals are set for the women's title tournament; the next generation of Flair gets ready to debut; and big announcements for next week". PWInsider. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 7/10: Wyatts vs. Team Regal six-man main event, NXT Women's Title tourney continues, Generico (Zayn), Mason Ryan, set-up for Charlotte's debut". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- James, Justin. "James's WWE NXT results 7/31 & 8/7 – Ambrose defends U.S. Title, Dallas defends NXT Title, dance-off, Zayn, Cesaro, Wyatts say good-bye to NXT, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "James's WWE NXT report 8/14 – Week 59: Paul Heyman promo, The Shield six-man tag, Paige defends NXT Title vs. Summer Rae, A.J. Lee promo, Overall Reax".
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: THE SHOW STARTS OFF S-A-W-F-T BUT PICKS UP STEAM WITH WOMEN'S ACTION AND KRUGER VS. WOODS". PWINSIDER. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: THE BO DALLAS INVITATIONAL ANNOUNCED; THE COO NAMES A NEW GM; AND MORE". PWINSIDER. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT REPORT: ZAYN VERSUS DALLAS; TAG TITLE REMATCH; DIVAS TAG ACTION; BREEZE VERSUS PARKER". PWInsider. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT REPORT: CURRENT TAG CHAMPS IN ACTION; FORMER TAG CHAMPS BATTLE; BOLIEVE IT OR NOT . . . SAMI ZAYN PUNISHED BY JBL". PWInsider. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: TAG TITLE MATCH; ZAYN VS. KRUGER; MILESTONE EPISODE NEXT WEEK; AND MORE". Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Justin James. "JAMES' WWE NXT REPORT 1/8 – Week 80: NXT tag champs in action, Summer Rae, Tyson Kidd, Rusev, Overall Reax". PWTorch. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Justin James. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 1/15 – Week 81: Triple H makes announcement, Kofi vs. Rusev test match, NXT champ in action, Neville/PAC; Overall Reax". PWTorch. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Justin James. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 1/22 – Week 82: NXT Title developments heading into live Network episode, plus Miz, Cesaro, Natalya, Woods, Zayn/Generico, more; Overall Reax". PWTorch. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 4/15: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Punk returning, WM29 fallout, new U.S. champion, more".
- "Fandango's dance-off with Chris Jewish to went to a no contest". WWE. Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- Waldman, Jon (October 27, 2013). "Hell in a Cell: The usual suspects end up on top". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Stephens, David. "WWE RAW Results – 10/28/13 (WWE Title Celebration)". WrestleView. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Martin, Adam. "WWE Survivor Series PPV results – 11/24/13 (Orton/Big Show)". WrestleView. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- Johnson, Mike. "COMPLETE WWE SURVIVOR SERIES BLOG, OR...DANIEL BRYAN IS SORELY MISSED IN THE MAIN EVENT PICTURE". PWInsider. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "LIVE, ONGOING, WWE RAW REPORT: 14 DIVAS ELIMINATION MATCH TWICE IN TWO DAYS". PWInsider. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT: DIVAS ACTION; YOUR WEEKLY 3MB FIX; AND MORE". PWInsider. Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS RESULTS 12/19: Truth & Woods vs. 3MB, Summer Rae in Divas action". PWTorch. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- Cardwell, James (February 3, 2014). "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 2/3: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Bryan vs. Orton main event, Tag Title steel cage match, no Cena, no Punk, more". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Cardwell, James (February 7, 2014). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 2/7: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of the Friday night show, including Orton vs. Christian". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Cardwell, James (February 10, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 2/10: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Orton vs. Cena, Bryan follow-up, Henry returns, Betty White, U.S. Title match, more from L.A.". Pro Wrestling Torch.
- Stephens, David. "WWE RAW Results – 2/17/14 (Randy Orton vs. Sheamus)". Wrestleview. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Caldwell, James. "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 2/24: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Chamber PPV fall-out, Hogan's return, Taker's return, stage set for WM30, more". PWTorch. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Martin, Adam (April 6, 2014). "Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational". WrestleView. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Caldwell, James. "Caldwell's WWE Raw results 4/7: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – WM30 fall-out, WWE World Title match, Bryan's first night as champ, Undertaker, Warrior, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Staff, WWE. "Breaking News: Fandango & Summer break up!". WWE.com. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Martin, Adam (April 20, 2014). "Update on WWE splitting up Fandango and Summer Rae". WrestleView. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Trionfo, Richard. "LIVE, ONGOING WWE RAW REPORT: NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS IN ACTION; CHALLENGE MADE AND ACCEPTED BY EVOLUTION". PWInsider. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (June 29, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE MITB PPV RESULTS 6/29: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of WWE Title ladder match, MITB match, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved June 30, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 11, 2014). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 7/11: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of Friday show, including Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton, Roman Reigns vs. Rusev". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 20, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE BATTLEGROUND PPV REPORT 7/20 (Pre-Show): Fandango vs. Rose, Cameron vs. Naomi, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 21, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE RAW RESULTS 7/21: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of live Raw – Battleground fall-out". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Caldwell, James (July 18, 2014). "PARKS'S WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 7/18: Complete coverage of Friday night show, including Chris Jericho vs. Luke Harper, Kane vs. Dean Ambrose". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- Caldwell, James. (November 23, 2014). "CALDWELL'S WWE S. SERIES PPV RESULTS 11/23: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Team Cena vs. Team Authority, more". PWTorch.
- "New cast member for Total Divas". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "Photo by summerraewwe". Instagram. December 7, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS CROWNED; PAIGE AND SUMMER REACH DEFCON 3; COREY GRAVES VS. ALEX RILEY; AND MORE". PWInsider. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT REPORT: KASSIUS OHNO PICKED THE WRONG ANNOUNCER TO PISS OFF; SUMMER RAE PICKED THE WRONG DIVA TO PISS OFF; A SOUTH AFRICAN CIVIL WAR?; A FAMILY IN CRISIS?; CHAMPION VERSUS CHAMPION; AND MORE". PWINSIDER. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard Trionfo. "WWE NXT report: Sandow faces Langston for the title; Summer wrestles; Bo speaks; and Sami Zayn speaks this week and wrestles next week". PWInsider. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- James, Justin (September 5, 2013). "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 8/21 & 8/28 & 9/4: Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn MOTY contender, A.J. Lee title defense, Summer Rae, Swagger, new feuds & developments". PWTorch. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Namako, Jason (November 14, 2013). "WWE NXT Results 11/14/13 Graves/Neville 2/3 falls". Wrestleview. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 2/20: Big E. in main event, Kidd injury speech, Wyatt Family Feud, Overall Reax to strong episode". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- "WWE NXT: Rush Of Power (Summer Rae) – Single". iTunes. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 27, 2014). "Jan 27 2014 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: 2013 Annual awards issue, best in the world in numerous categories, plus all the news in pro-wrestling and MMA over the past week and more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter (Campbell, California): 32. ISSN 1083-9593.
- "FIRST WAVE OF "TEEN CHOICE 2014" NOMINEES ANNOUNCED". Teen Choice Awards. June 18, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danielle Moinet.|
- Summer Rae's profile on WWE.com
- Summer Rae on Cagematch (German)
- Summer Rae at the Internet Movie Database