Danielle de Picciotto
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2011)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Danielle de Picciotto is an American born artist, musician and film maker. She was born in Washington, USA[clarification needed], but now lives and works in Berlin, Germany. In 1989 Danielle, along with partner Dr Motte, founded the first Berlin Love Parade.
- Initiator of Berlin "Clubart Movement" in 1992.
- Singer of "Space Cowboys" and "The Ocean Club"( [Gudrun Gut]).
- Initiator of the exhibition and event series: "Kunst oder König / in" brought
into life to promote Berlin artists, DJs and musicians.
- Member of Berlin art movement "Pop Surrealism".
- Sang for Die Haut together with Anita Lane, Nick Cave and Kid Congo Powers.
- 2001 Directs music video for Einstürzende Neubauten's Alexander Hacke on his world recording tour of "Sanctuary"
- 2002 Initiates "Bada Bing" a music event series together with partner Alexander Hacke
- Works together with the Goethe Institut internationally on presenting Berlins cultural scene
In 2006 she married her longtime partner Alexander Hacke, bassist of Einstürzende Neubauten.
In 2008 she produced and creates live visual/acoustic show "Ship Of Fools" together with Alexander Hacke with which they tour internationally, inviting musicians from different countries to participate and create cultural interaction.
She was commissioned by the German Foreign Ministry to direct a short film on European Club Culture in 2008.
In 2009 she was commissioned by the German Foreign Ministry to direct a short animation movie on Club Culture.
She was featured as an important artist in the documentary "In Berlin" by Michael Ballhaus and Ciro Cappelari' 2010 Publication of first book "The Beauty of Transgression" (Publishing Gestalten Verlag) 2011 Danielle de Picciotto and Alexander Hacke are invited to do a five month art residency at the Meetfactory in Prague. 2012 Danielle de Picciotto becomes member of legendary band "Crime & The City Solution" 2013 Publication of new book "We Are Gypsies Now" (Metrolit Publishing)
- 1991 LP "Locked And Loaded" Space Cowboys
- 1992 "Cheerio" Malaria
- 1993 "Single: " Terrorist" Space Cowboys
- 1995 "Waiting" Divamania; Digivalley
- 1996 "Pearl" & "Obsession" Oceanclub
- 1997 "No Go" Die Haut
- "John Massis" music video for "Fred Alpi" Paris
- "Rock On" music video for "Martin Dean" Berlin
- "Kleiner Dicker Junge" music video for "Electrcute" Los Angeles
- 2004 "Einstürzende Neubauten - on tour with neubauten.org" filmdocumentary
- 2005 "Nackte Hunde" Mermer Records
- 2006 "Throbbing Gristle; Berlin" film documentary
- 2007 "Mountains Of Madness" film documentary in cooperation with The Tiger Lillies and Alexander Hacke
- 2008 "The Ship Of Fools" DVD/CD film documentary and CD together with Alexander Hacke
- 2009 "Sternentanz" Animation movie for Foreign Ministry of Germany
- 2009 "In Berlin" Protagonist in the Berlin documentary by Michael Ballhaus and Ciro Cappelari
- 2009 "Do you love me as much as I love you" Protagonist in the Documentary on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds by Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard
- 2010 "How Long Is Now" Filmdocumentary DVD
- 2011 "Hitman'S Heel" CD in cooperation with Alexander Hacke
- 2012 "The Beauty of Transgression - A Berlin Memoir" Author Danielle de Picciotto Publisher: Gestalten Verlag
- 2012 " The Glasshouse" Filmdocumentary DVD
- 2013 "American Twighlight" CD with "Crime and the City Solution"; MUTE
- 2013 "We are Gypsies Now - Der Weg ins Ungewisse" Graphic Diary Publisher: Metrolit Verlag Berlin
- Danielle de Picciotto and Alexander Hacke on The Love Parade, Neubauten and Berlin by Tom Murphy. Denver Westword Blogs, 31 August 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2011.