7 December 1966
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker|
Žeželj studied classical painting, sculpting and printing at the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb, Croatia.
His work has been published and exhibited in Croatia, Slovenia, UK, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Sweden, South Africa, Argentina, Brazil and the USA.
His comics and illustrations have been published by DC Comics/Vertigo, Marvel Comics, The New York Times Book Review, Harper's Magazine, San Francisco Guardian, Editori del Grifo, Edizioni Charta and others.
Since 1999, in collaboration with musician/composer Jessica Lurie, he has created a series of multimedia performances merging live music with live painting. These have been presented at festivals and in clubs, churches and squats throughout Europe and the USA.
In 2005 he became the first comic book artist ever to have a solo exhibition at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2001 in Zagreb, Croatia he founded the publishing house and graphic workshop "Petikat".
- Luna Park, written by Kevin Baker, DC Comics/Vertigo, USA, 2009
- King of Nekropolis, Hazard Edizioni, Italy, 2007
- Stray Dogs, ISGM/Charta, USA, 2005
- Small Hands, Petikat, Croatia, 2004; Edizioni Di, Italy, 2005
- Caballo, Petikat, Croatia, 2004
- Reflex Petikat, Croatia, 2003
- Stazione Topolo`, Grifo Edizioni, Italy, 2002
- Bolivian Dark, Petikat, Croatia, 2002
- The Call of Duty: The Wagon, written by Chuck Austen, Marvel, USA, 2002
- Captain America: Dead Men Running, written by Darko Macan, Marvel, USA, 2002
- 24 Hours, Grifo Edizioni, Italy, 2002
- Rinzol, Petikat, Croatia, 2001
- Sandman Presents: Corinthian: Death in Venice, written by Darko Macan, DC Comics/Vertigo, USA, 2001
- El Diablo, written by Brian Azzarello, DC Comics/Vertigo, USA, 2001
- Air Mexico, Clandestino, USA, 2000
- Il Sorriso di Majakovskij, Edizioni Di, Italy, 2000
- Reve de Beton, Mosquito, France, 2000
- Congo Bill, written by Scott Cunningham, DC Comics/Vertigo, USA, 1999; Mosquito, France, 2000; Magic Press, Italy, 2001
- Invitation a la Danse, Mosquito, France, 1999
- L'Amore, Edizioni Di, Italy, 1999
- La Peste, Edizioni Di, Italy, 1998
- Amazonia, Edizioni Di, Italy, 1998
- L'Angelo Sterminatore, Edizioni Di, Italy, 1997
- Pagliacci: In Your Eyes: Blues, Liberty, Italy, 1996
- Rex, Radio 101, Croatia, 1995; Edizioni Di, Italy, 2000; Mosquito, France, 2001
- Sophia, Editori del Grifo, Italy, 1994; X-press & Radio 101, Croatia, 1994
- Sun City, Editori del Grifo, Italy, 1994; Kaspar & Radio 101, Croatia, 1993, Coma 22, Italy, 2007
- Il Ritmo del Cuore, Editori del Grifo, Italy, 1993; Mosquito, France, 2005
||This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009)|
- Official website