Danish UNIX User Group
The Danish UNIX systems User Group (Danish: Dansk UNIX-system Bruger Gruppe, DKUUG) is a computer user group which created and maintained the .dk internet domain for Denmark. Founded in 1983, DKUUG is a primary advisor on the Danish open source environment policies. The group is active in the standards processes for UNIX, POSIX, the Internet, the World Wide Web, and Open Document Format.
The Danish UNIX User Group was founded on November 18, 1983 with the purpose of promoting UNIX and providing Internet access to the Danish academic community and the whole of Denmark. An offshoot of the EUUG, the DKUUG membership was originally 41 people from the Danish academic and business computing industry. Founder Keld Simonsen of the Datalogisk Institut at Copenhagen University served as group foreman from 1983 to 1997. It formed a commercial subsidiary, DKnet, organized as the Danish affiliate of the EUnet network.
During the 2000s, the organization has been the subject of internal disagreement and infighting among board members.
- Kasper Villum Jensen, "DKUUG støtter DK Hostmaster", COMON, 11 August 2008
- Jacob Kaare Søresen, "Det begyndte med et udråbstegn", Erhverv På Nettet, Jyllands-Posten, 2 January 2003
- Rune Pedersen, "Tidligere formand giver kuk i DKUUG-bestyrelse", Computerworld, 2 November 2009
- Rune Pedersen, "E-mailen fejrer sølvbryllup i Danmark", Computerworld, 23 December 2008
- !%@:: a directory of electronic mail addressing & networks, Donnalyn Frey, Rick Adams, 1994. p. 97. ISBN 1-56592-046-5
- Mads Bang, "Ny uro i DKUUG: Endnu en medarbejder går", Computerworld, 4 December 2007
- "DKUUG in Multimillion-Dollar Deal with TeleDanmark ", UKUUG Newsletter, Volume 5 Number 2 (April, 1996)
- (Danish) Keld Simonsen, "En historie om Keld og DKUUG" (A History of Keld and DKUUG), dkuug.dk,
- (Danish) Keld Simonsen, "DKUUG 30 år - Opstart og resultater" (DKUUG - 30 years - Creation and results) (2013-11-18)
- Official DKUUG website (Danish)
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|