Dann Huff (born November 15, 1960) is an American musician, session musician, singer-songwriter and producer. For his work as a producer in the Country music genre he has won several awards including the Musician of the Year award in 2001 and 2004 at the Country Music Association Awards and the Producer of the Year award in 2006 and 2009 at the Academy of Country Music. He is the father of singer/songwriter Ashlyne Huff.
Huff began his career as part of the original Christian rock band White Heart in which he played with his brother David Huff, and later in the melodic Hard Rock band Giant. He has since then been active as a session guitarist and producer in both rock music and country music. In the 1980s Huff has played guitar on albums for Michael Jackson, Scritti Politti, Whitesnake, Roger Hodgson, Steven Curtis Chapman, Doro Pesch, George Benson, Whitney Houston's debut album Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rogers and more. Since the 1990s Huff has been working as a producer for various bands and artists some of which include Faith Hill, Megadeth, Rebecca St. James and Rascal Flatts.
Some songs Huff has played on include:
- ^ Dillon, Charlotte. "Dann Huff biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- ^ Rea, James. "Producer's Sportlight: Dann Huff". Nashville, TN, USA: Nashville Music Guide. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- ^ "CMA Awards Database - Dann Huff". Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Country Music Association Awards. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- ^ "Winner Search Results - Dann Huff". Los Angeles, California, USA: Academy of Country Music. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- ^ Rosenthal, Traja (14 March 1987). "White Heart Beats". Lodi News-Sentinel (Lodi, California , USA). p. 5. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- ^ Cusic, Don (2009). Encyclopedia of contemporary Christian music: pop, rock, and worship. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 461. ISBN 978-0-313-34425-1.
- ^ Geroge Benson 20/20, album from 1984
- ^ Barbra Streisand, album Emotion from 1984
- ^ Kenny Rogers, Single 'What about me'
- ^ Songs and Albums on which Dann Huff played on
- ^ Biography of Giant/Dan Huff on Allmusic.com
- ^ Tucker, Ken (15 April 2006). "Hitting the high notes". Billboard Magazine (e5 Global Media). p. 38. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- ^ Prown, Pete; Newquist, HP. Legends of rock guitar: The essential reference of rock's greatest guitarists. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 211. ISBN 0-7935-4042-9.
- ^ "1990 album: Go West Young Man". Artist Direct. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
External links