|Born||Danette Maxx Couto
January 30, 1952
Arak, Son of Thunder
Avengers West Coast
Danette "Dann" Thomas (born January 30, 1952) is an American comic book writer, the wife of comic book writer and editor Roy Thomas. She has at times collaborated with Thomas on All-Star Squadron, Arak, Son of Thunder, the Crimson Avenger miniseries and Avengers West Coast.
Dann Thomas' earliest comic book credit appears on "The Sea of No Return" (credited as "Adapted from a story by Danette Couto") in Savage Sword of Conan #66 (July 1981). Her husband credits her with the original idea for Arak, Son of Thunder, noting, "Danette Couto (soon to be Dann Thomas) had this idea: What if a Native American had discovered Europe?" She began co-writing the Arak title with issue #12 (Aug. 1982) and would work with Thomas on most of his projects afterwards. Dann Thomas co-wrote Wonder Woman #300 (Feb. 1983) and, as Roy Thomas noted in 1999 "became the first woman ever to receive scripting credit on the world's foremost super-heroine." Dann Thomas' last new comic book writing appeared in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs #9 (Nov. 1994), published by Topps Comics.
The superheroine Firebrand of the All-Star Squadron takes her civilian name, Danette Reilly, from Dann Thomas. Dann Thomas co-wrote later issues of All-Star Squadron, subsequent to the introduction of Firebrand. Another character based upon Dann Thomas is a woman named Danette who appeared in the story "What If Conan the Barbarian Walked the Earth Today?" published in What If? #13 (Feb. 1979).
- Action Comics Weekly #623-626
- All-Star Squadron #46, 51-55, 58-59, Annual #3
- America vs. the Justice Society #1-4
- Arak, Son of Thunder #12-50, Annual #1
- Best of DC #69
- Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! #16
- Crimson Avenger #1-4
- Infinity Inc. #1-53, Annual #1-2, Special #1
- Jonni Thunder a.k.a. Thunderbolt #1-4
- Last Days of the Justice Society Special #1
- The New Teen Titans vol. 2 #38
- Secret Origins #5 (Crimson Avenger), #26 (Miss America)
- Shazam! The New Beginning #1-4
- Wonder Woman #300
- Young All-Stars #1-31, Annual #1
- Avengers Annual #19-20
- Avengers Spotlight #37-39
- Avengers West Coast #60-63, 65-94, 96, Annual #5-7
- Black Knight #1-4
- Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #5-24, 26-40
- Eternals: The Herod Factor #1
- Impossible Man Special #1
- Iron Man Annual #11-12
- Marvel Super-Heroes vol. 2 #6-7
- Nightmask #6-7, 10-12
- Saga of the Sub-Mariner #1-12
- Savage Sword of Conan #66 (credited as "Danette Couto"), #190-195, 207-210, 225
- Spider-Woman #1-3
- Thor Annual #15
- Alter Ego #1-4 (First Comics) (not to be confused with Alter Ego (magazine))
- Cadillacs and Dinosaurs #9 (Topps Comics)
- Cormac Mac Art #1-4 (Dark Horse Comics)
- Crime Smasher Special Edition #1 (Blue Comet Press)
- Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt (Vol. 1) #1-10 (Hero Comics)
- Captain Thunder and Blue Bolt (Vol. 2) #1-2 (Hero Comics)
- Wally Wood's T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents #1-2, 4 (Deluxe Comics)
- Within Our Reach #1 (Star*Reach)
- Thomas, Roy (July 2005). "Roy Thomas Checklist". Alter Ego (TwoMorrows Publishing) 3 (50): 23.
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Archived from the original on October 29, 2010.
- Catron, Michael (August 1981). "Personal Notes". Amazing Heroes (Fantagraphics Books) (3): 23.
- Thomas, Roy (Summer 1999). "The Secret Origins of Infinity, Inc.". Alter Ego (TwoMorrows Publishing) 3 (1): 27.
- Savage Sword of Conan #66 (July 1981) at the Grand Comics Database
- Manning, Matthew K.; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1980s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. Dorling Kindersley. p. 200. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
The Amazing Amazon was joined by a host of DC's greatest heroes to celebrate her 300th issue in a seventy-two-page blockbuster...Written by Roy and Dann Thomas, and penciled by Gene Colan, Ross Andru, Jan Duursema, Dick Giordano, Keith Pollard, Keith Giffen, and Rich Buckler.
- Thomas, Roy (January 2002). "Hail, Hail, Now the Gang's Really All Here!". Alter Ego (TwoMorrows Publishing) 3 (12): 31.
- Christiansen, Jeff (January 3, 2004). "Danette". The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe. Archived from the original on July 7, 2013.
- Dann Thomas at the Grand Comics Database
- Dann Thomas at the Comic Book DB
- Dann Thomas at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- Dann Thomas at the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators