|Full name||Daniel Francisco Barrera|
|Date of birth||January 8, 1990|
|Place of birth||Bogotá, Colombia|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Westlake High School|
|2008–2010||UC Santa Barbara Gauchos|
|2008–2011||Ventura County Fusion||39||(13)|
|2011–2012||FK Spartak Zlatibor Voda||1||(0)|
|2012||Ventura County Fusion||6||(0)|
|2014||San Antonio Scorpions||13||(1)|
|2006||United States U17||3||(1)|
|2007||United States U18||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 October 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Daniel Francisco "Danny" Barrera (born January 8, 1990) is a Colombian-born, American professional soccer player.
Born in Bogotá, Colombia, Barrera moved to the United States at the age of eight, growing up in Thousand Oaks, California. He developed his game in the United States both with the US Soccer residency program, followed by playing NCAA soccer with UC Santa Barbara Gauchos. He signed with the newly formed Ventura County Fusion where he played along his brother Diego in the PDL. While playing with Ventura County Fusion he become USL PDL Champion in 2009.
However, Barrera has always held ambitions to play professionally in Europe early in his career to develop as a player. When he was younger, Barrera trained in England with Sheffield United and this is where his dream to play in Europe originated. After being named to the USL PDL All-League Team in 2011, on August 2011 he made a definite move to Europe by signing with Serbian top league side FK Spartak Zlatibor Voda after a successful trial. He made his league debut for Spartak against Borac Čačak on December 10, 2011.
Barrera returned to the United States in 2012, and recently has been playing with the amateur side Cal FC in the USASA-affiliated La Gran Liga de Oxnard based in Oxnard, California. where he rejoined his brother Diego again.
On July 7 Barrera signed with Atlanta Silverbacks. He was the first signing of the new Silverbacks head coach Eric Wynalda who had just been appointed some days earlier and who admitted he had that wanted Barrera playing in his team since 2010 when he first saw Barrera in Santa Barbara.
Danny's older brother, Diego Barrera, is also a professional soccer player.
- ESPN LA Soccer Blog - Danny Barrera
- Barrera aiming high at Spartak at yanks-abroad.com, 16-12-2011
- Barrera Signs With FK Spartak at USLSoccer.com, 16--12-2011
- Diego and Danny Barrera face on in Fusion Quakes game - July 17, 2008
- Daniel Barrera - Soccerway
- Match report at Spartak ZV official website
- Atlanta Silverbacks Sign Danny Barrera of Cal FC and Ventura County at IMSoccer News, 7-7-2012
- "Steve Davies could make first appearance of pre-season as a Derby County XI take on Belper". Derby Telegraph. 7 August 2012.
- Carolina Railhawks player profile
- Atlanta Silverbacks player profile at the Wayback Machine (archived April 19, 2013)
- UC Santa Barbara player profile
- PDL player profile