|Education||Bachelor's Degree in Government, Texas Christian University
Law Degree, Southern Methodist University
Danny Coulson is the former Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI. In his thirty-year tenure at the FBI, Coulson created and commanded the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team and commanded four field divisions.
Coulson worked for the next nine years in the FBI's New York Division, where he specialized in Police Assassination, Fugitive, and Bank Robbery Investigations. Additionally he served on the FBI’s Sniper Team and commanded one of the most active SWAT Teams in the FBI.
In 1982, after a rise through the ranks of the FBI, Coulson was assigned to create the Hostage Rescue Team (HRT). While in command of HRT, Coulson personally negotiated the surrender of domestic terrorists at Mountain Home, AR, without any loss of life. For his actions, Coulson received the Attorney General's Award for Exceptional Service.
In 1987, Coulson was the tactical commander at the Atlanta Prison Riots. That situation culminated with the release of over a hundred hostages. He has secured the release of over two hundred and seventy five hostages in his career.
As Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI's Criminal Investigation Division, Danny managed all investigations of violent crimes, and terrorism world wide, as well as civil rights and special inquiries for the White House.
As Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the FBI office in Dallas, Texas he was detailed as one of the Commanders of the Oklahoma City bombing investigation.
In 1997, upon retiring from the FBI, Danny created a private security firm, Coulson, Jackson and Associates, assisting law firms and international corporations. Additionally he handles security matters for some of the most high profile athletes in the United States.
Notes and references
- "smu.edu". smu.edu. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Coulson Danny – AEI Speakers Bureau". American Entertainment International Speakers Bureau, Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Danny Coulson on The Paula Gordon Show". The Paula Gordon Show. 2001. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Danny Coulson speaks for International Speakers Bureau". International Speakers Bureau. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "Roth Talent Associates: Danny Coulson". The Agency Group, Ltd. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- Pushies, Fred J.; Terry Griswold, D. M, Stephen F. Giangreco, Tomajczyk (2002). U.S. Counter-Terrorist Forces. Crestline Imprints. p. 305. ISBN 0-7603-1363-6.
The first commander of the Hostage Rescue Team was Danny Coulson. (Subsequent commanders were David "Woody" Johnson, Richard Rogers, and Roger Nisley.) Coulson was selected because he was a good street agent, possessed a law degree, and had tactical experience as a SWAT Team member in New York.
- Haney, Eric. "No Heroes: Inside the FBI's Secret Counter-Terror Force (9780671020620): Daniel Coulson, Sharon Shannon: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "CNN – Chatpage – Books – Danny Coulsen". CNN. April 13, 1999. Retrieved 2008-05-23.