||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007)|
February 19, 1974 |
Pepper Pike, Ohio
|Resides||Woodbridge, New Jersey|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Danny Doring
"Dastardly" Danny Doring
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Billed weight||219 lb (99 kg)|
Bubba Ray Dudley
Dan Morrison (born February 19, 1974) is an American wrestler better known as Danny Doring, most known for his time in Extreme Championship Wrestling, as the tag team partner of Roadkill. He also worked in World Wrestling Entertainment in its revived ECW brand.
Extreme Championship Wrestling (1996-2001)
Doring was trained by Taz, Bubba Ray Dudley and Perry Saturn at the ECW House of Hardcore in 1996. Once his training was complete, he joined the ECW roster, facing Taz in his debut match in May 1997. Doring's original gimmick was that of a wrestler who used many unexciting holds and had vertigo, so would not use high-flying moves. When the audience chanted "boring", Doring would pretend that they were chanting for him.
In December 1997, Doring changed his gimmick to that of a womanizer, and formed an unlikely tag team with his fellow House of Hardcore graduate, Roadkill. They were managed by Miss Congeniality until she left ECW in 1999 to join the World Wrestling Federation, and then by Elektra until she turned on them in 2000.
Doring and Roadkill quickly embarked on a two-year-long feud with Nova and Chris Chetti. This was followed by a series of matches with Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger and Joey Matthews and Christian York. The team won the ECW World Tag Team Championship on December 3, 2000, at the Massacre on 34 Street pay-per-view, defeating Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido. They held the title until ECW declared bankruptcy in March 2001.
Independent circuit (2002-present)
Danny Doring wrestled for XPW, feuding with "Rock Superstar" Kaos. He Won the XPW World Television Championship in 2002, then lost the title back to Kaos on November 16, 2002. Doring and his partner Roadkill made appearances with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Doring appeared at the WWE promoted ECW reunion show, ECW One Night Stand 2005 on June 12, 2005. Since then he has competed in try-out matches for the WWE SmackDown brand alongside Roadkill. On May 5, 2006, WWE announced through their mobile news service that Doring had signed a contract with them to appear on the upcoming ECW brand. Doring appeared on an episode of ECW against Mike Knox and lost to him. After losing a match to Rob Van Dam on the August 22 episode of ECW, he and Van Dam were both attacked by the returning Hardcore Holly. He was released from WWE in December 2006.
Doring appeared at Maryland Championship Wrestling's Holiday Homecoming event in Glen Burnie, Maryland on December 28, 2006, wrestling as The Sugarmask (as the name suggests, under a mask) in the opening match against D.J. Hyde. After defeating Hyde, he unmasked to reveal himself to the fans. Doring debuted at the January 5, 2008 show of Force One Pro Wrestling, titled Badge of Honor. He won a four-way elimination match, featuring Mike Reed, Nicky Benz, and Rockin' Rebel. At the March 16, 2008 Force One show titled Never Surrender Doring defeated Breaker Morant to win the Force One Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. He defeated Breaker Morant again at the May 3, 2008 show titled Pledge of Allegiance 2: These Colors Don't Run. On the June 21, 2008, show titled Justice For All Doring lost the belt, now known as the NWA Force One Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship to Stevie Richards. He was unsuccessful in a rematch, and is yet to return to the promotion since. Also, he wrestled against F.B.I. with Roadkill, defeating F.B.I. on October 6, 2012, in the first House of Hardcore show.
- Finishing moves
- Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am (Lifting double underhook DDT)
- Signature moves
- With Amish Roadkill
- Double team finishing moves
- Buggy Bang (Wheelbarrow hold (Roadkill) / Danaconda combination)
- Lancaster Lariat of Lust (Bearhug (Roadkill) / Lariat (Doring) combination)
- Double team finishing moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Maryland Championship Wrestling
- NWA Upstate
- NWA Upstate Heavyweight Championship (2 times) -longest reigning champion
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- World Wrestling Stars Alliance
- WWSA Championship (1 time)
- Wrestling Action of Today
- WAT Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WAT Championship of the Galaxy (1 time)
- Shields, Brian; Sullivan, Kevin (2009). WWE Encyclopedia. DK. p. 73. ISBN 978-0-7566-4190-0.
- Johnson, Mike (2012-10-06). "Complete House of Hardcore live coverage: Dreamer, Edge, Bucks, London, Kendrick, Carlito, and many more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Independent Wrestling Results - January 2003". onlineworldofwrestling.com. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated Top 500 - 2001". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Independent Wrestling Results - January 2004". onlineworldofwrestling.com. Retrieved 2008-07-04.