Danny Dunn and the Fossil Cave
|Preceded by||Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor|
|Followed by||Danny Dunn and the Heat Ray|
Danny Dunn and the Fossil Cave is the sixth novel in the Danny Dunn series of juvenile science fiction/adventure books written by Raymond Abrashkin and Jay Williams. The book was first published in 1961.
Danny and his friend Joe Pearson discover the entrance to a cave in the woods near their home. Professor Bulfinch has just invented a portable x-ray machine, and he, along with his geologist friend Dr. Tresselt, see an opportunity to use the device in the cave. The two adults, plus Danny, Joe, and Irene, enter the cave on an expedition. What they find is astonishing...but will they be able to escape to reveal their discovery?
- (Paperback, 1961, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- (Hardback, 1961, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
MacDonald and Jane's
- (Hardback, 1971, illustrated by Anne Mieke)
- (Paperback, 1979, #11 in their series)
- (Paperback, 1983 reissue, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- "A Choice of New Books for the Younger Readers' Library". The New York Times. January 14, 1962. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
|This article about a children's science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1960s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|