Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor
|Preceded by||Danny Dunn and the Weather Machine|
|Followed by||Danny Dunn and the Fossil Cave|
Danny Dunn on the Ocean Floor is the fifth novel in the Danny Dunn series of juvenile science fiction/adventure books written by Raymond Abrashkin and Jay Williams. The book was first published in 1960.
Another accident in Professor Bulfinch's laboratory, instigated by Danny, results in the creation of a transparent, resilient material. The material proves useful in creating a bathysphere, and Professor Bulfinch, along with his friend Dr. Grimes, Danny, Joe, and Irene, descends into the Pacific Ocean on an experimental voyage. Unfortunately, the bathysphere's pilot is rendered unconscious, and the bathysphere becomes trapped in a cave.
- (Paperback, 1960, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- (Hardback, 1960, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
MacDonald and Jane's
- Hardback, 1967, illustrated by Dick Hart)
Pocket Books/Archway Books
- (Paperback, 1979, #9 in their series, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- (Paperback, 1983 reissue, illustrated by Brinton Turkel)
- Burger, Marjorie (February 12, 1961). "Deep Trouble". The New York Times. p. BR38. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
|This article about a children's science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1960s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|