Danny Harrison (footballer)
Harrison in 2010
|Full name||Daniel Robert Harrison|
|Date of birth||4 November 1982|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of (14:00, 20 October 2013 (UTC)).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born Liverpool and formerly a resident of Upton, Harrison is a product of the Tranmere Rovers youth system. Joining the club as a 13 year old, he was granted his first team debut in the 2001–02 season at home against Wigan Athletic. Harrison was a regular in the centre of midfield in the Brian Little era, but under Ronnie Moore he found opportunities harder to come by prompting a move to a new squad. He signed for Rotherham on 25 May 2007 along with Dale Tonge. He scored his first goal for the club against Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup. He then bragged a brace against Dagenham & Redbridge. His next goal came away at Milton Keynes Dons, where he scored an equaliser with a 25 yard screamer 10 minutes from time.
He was released by Rotherham in May 2012.
On 7 June 2012, it was announced that he had rejoined Tranmere Rovers on a one-year contract from 1 July 2012. The following summer he dropped into the Conference National when he joined neighbours Chester.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 183. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Wirral News, Tranmere Rovers: Danny Harrison on the last time Rovers were in the top two at Christmas Accessed 2014-01-31
- Millers complete double swoop
- "Evans announces retained list". Rotherham United FC. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Danny Harrison Returns To Prenton Park". Tranmere Rovers FC. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|