Danny Roberts (The Real World)
Danny Roberts (born July 19, 1977; Rockmart, Georgia) is best known for appearing on The Real World: New Orleans in 2000. Prior to beginning the show, he had recently begun a relationship with Paul Dill, a US Army captain stationed in Vicenza, Italy. Because of the U.S. Military "Don't ask, don't tell" policy toward homosexuals, Paul's face was obscured on TV and much national attention was brought to the issue. In early 2004 MTV aired a special where Paul (then out of the military) revealed his face for the first time and the policy and its effects were discussed. In November 2006, Roberts announced in The Advocate magazine that he and Dill had split up because Dill was sleeping with a cop in Seattle as well as many other men. Dill is now a secretary in Seattle.
Roberts made a few post-Real World appearances on television such as Dawson's Creek, and hosted the DVD collection of gay-themed short films, Boy's Briefs.
Roberts now speaks at schools across the country on diversity in sexuality, coming out and the military's "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy. After spending 10 years in New York and Seattle, Roberts returned to Atlanta, Georgia, where he works in publishing.
- Reality TV Secrets Revealed (2004)
- MTV News: Out in the Real World (2003)
- Boys Briefs 2 (2002)
- Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002)
- Dawson's Creek - Episode: Coming Home (2000) French Exchange Student
- The Real World: New Orleans (2000)
- Tipton, Nathan G. (2004), "American Television, Reality Shows", glbtq.com, retrieved 2007-10-25
- Top 15 Gay REality Stars After Elton, April 5, 2009
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|