|Full name||Daniel Tickle|
April 8, 1983 |
Golborne, Greater Manchester, England
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb) |
|2000–02||Halifax Blue Sox||56||11||97||2||240|
Tickle has played for the English national team against New Zealand at Brentford in November 2002, kicking 4 goals. He toured Fiji and Tonga with England A later that year. He made three appearances on the tour, scoring tries against Fiji and Tonga. He was later named in the 2003 England A squad to face Australia and in the European Nations Cup, scoring 54 points on the way to England's victory.
He performed well enough to earn a new two-year contract in July 2004. The following season, Danny was outstanding in an injury-hit Warriors squad and picked up the Wigan Supporters' Association Player of the Season award.
Tickle was linked with a move to the Widnes Vikings for the 2013 season but nothing has come to light of this. However, it is well known that Tickle does plan to join them from the 2014 season onwards.
Tickle has always been known for his ability to wrap the ball up in a tackle due to his extraordinarily long arms.
(For 2014 Super League season highlights, stats and results click on 2014 Super League season results)
- "Hull F.C.". web page. Hull F.C. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- Wigan Warriors (2006-09-18). "Wigan Warriors Press Release - Wigan Release Danny Tickle". Retrieved 2006-12-31.[dead link]
- Hull profile
- Danny Tickle Wigan Career Page on the Wigan RL Fansite.
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org