Danny Williams (footballer born 1979)
|Full name||Danny Williams|
|Date of birth||12 July 1979|
|Place of birth||Wrexham, Wales|
|Current club||Rhos Aelwyd F.C.|
|2001||→ Doncaster Rovers (loan)||6||(0)|
|2004||→ Chester City (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:23, 21 August 2011 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Wrexham signed Danny on 23 March 1999 making nearly 38 appearances. He was released in 2001 by manager Brian Flynn and joined Doncaster Rovers later that year, he stayed a month on loan until he was transferred to Kidderminster Harriers lasting three years at the club. In 2004 he made a few changes, returning north by joining Chester City on loan, who were on the verge of winning the Football Conference title.
Danny is the son-in-law of former Welsh international goalkeeper Brian Lloyd, who also played for Wrexham and Chester.
On 18 April 2008, Rhyl became Welsh Premier League champions for the second time and Danny played a pivotal role in the run up clinching the title by making 29 appearances in the 2008–09 campaign. He scored his only goal for Rhyl in the Welsh League Cup against rivals Airbus UK Broughton with a free kick into the bottom corner of the net.
In the summer of 2013 he joined Rhos Aelwyd F.C.
- "Bristol Rovers 3–0 York". BBC. 27 March 2004. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Roberts and Llewellyn leave Reds". BBC Sport. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- Bicknell, Gareth (14 August 2008). "Rhyl looks to former Wrexham stars to win Welsh Premier". Daily Post (North Wales). Retrieved 14 August 2008.
- "Bala capture midfielder Danny Williams". welsh-premier.com. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- "Danny Williams coup for ambitious Denbigh". welsh-premier.com. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.