|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2007)|
|Type||Publicly traded Aktieselskab (OMX: DANSKE)|
|Key people||Ole Andersen (Chairman), Thomas F. Borgen(CEO)|
|Products||Banking, insurance, investment management|
|Revenue||DKK43.38 billion (2011)|
|Profit||DKK1.723 billion (2011)|
|Total assets||DKK3.424 trillion (end 2011)|
|Total equity||DKK125.86 billion (end 2011)|
|Employees||21,320 (FTE, end 2011)|
Danske Bank is a Danish bank. The name literally means "Danish Bank". It was founded 5 October 1871 as Den Danske Landmandsbank, Hypothek- og Vexelbank i Kjøbenhavn (The Danish Farmers' Bank, Mortgage and Exchange Bank of Copenhagen). Headquartered in Copenhagen, it is the largest bank in Denmark and a major retail bank in the northern European region with over 5 million retail customers.
The Danske Bank group operates a number of local banks around the Nordic Region as well as in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Outlined below are countries where the Danske Bank group runs retail operations.
Latvia – Danske Banka
Lithuania – Danske Bankas
Danske Bank is in the unusual position of being able to issue its own banknotes through its Northern Ireland subsidiary; this is due to an unusual arrangement in the United Kingdom in which certain retail banks in Northern Ireland and Scotland are licensed to issue their own pound sterling banknotes. Danske Bank acquired one such bank in 2005, the Belfast-based Northern Bank, and since 2013 has continued the note-issuing tradition under the Danske Bank brand name. These Danske Bank notes are denominated in pounds sterling and should not be confused with banknotes of the Danish Krone, an entirely separate currency, which are issued in Denmark by the Danish National Bank.
- "Annual Results 2010". Danske Bank. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "Facts and figures". Danske Bank. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Fortune Global 500 (Denmark)". Fortune. 2011. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- Danske Bank presentation of Sampo acquisition
- "Danske Bank puts new bank-notes into circulation". BBC News. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Danske Bank Launch New Bank Notes". Belfast City Centre Management. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.