|No. 11 – Utah Jazz|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
July 13, 1995 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school||Thomas Carr College
Lake Ginninderra (Canberra, ACT)
|NBA draft||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 5th overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|Pro playing career||2014–present|
Dante Exum (born July 13, 1995) is an Australian professional basketball player who currently plays for the Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was considered one of the best prospects for the 2014 NBA draft.
Exum played for the Keilor Basketball Association as a junior and attended Lake Ginninderra Secondary College in Canberra where, in conjunction with, also attended the Australian Institute of Sport.
In April 2013, Exum participated in the 2013 Nike Hoop Summit for the World Select Team where he recorded 16 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists in a 112-98 win over the USA Junior Select Team. In October 2013, he graduated from Lake Ginninderra and had the option to enroll in college and play college basketball during the 2013–14 season, but he decided against it.
On January 28, 2014, it was announced that Exum signed with agents from Landmark Sports and that he will declare for the 2014 NBA draft.
Utah Jazz (2014–present)
On June 26, 2014, Exum was selected with the fifth overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft by the Utah Jazz. On July 11, 2014, he signed with the Jazz and joined them for the 2014 NBA Summer League.
Exum played for Australia in the 2012 FIBA Under-17 World Championship and the 2013 FIBA Under-19 World Championship. Exum averaged 18.2 points and 3.8 assists over nine games at the 2013 FIBA U19 tournament, subsequently being named to the All-Tournament Team. He was also selected in the 2013 Boomers FIBA Oceania Championship squad where he played sparingly in both games against New Zealand.
Exum was born, along with his twin sister Tierra, in the Melbourne suburb of East Melbourne to American parents. His father, Cecil, played college basketball at the University of North Carolina and won an NCAA championship in 1982, a team which featured Michael Jordan and James Worthy. His mother also attended North Carolina. Cecil was drafted in 1984 by the Denver Nuggets of the NBA, and later settled in Australia where he played in the National Basketball League for the North Melbourne Giants, Melbourne Tigers and Geelong Supercats.
- 2014 NBA Big Board: Wiggins leads deepest draft in years
- Chad Ford's Top 100 - 2014
- Former Keilor Thunder basketballer Dante Exum is shooting for NBA selection
- 2013 Nike Hoop Summit Game Recap
- 4.20.2013 - Nike Hoops Summit
- Dante Exum undecided on college
- Australian young gun Dante Exum focus of attention at Australian School Champs
- Australian teen Dante Exum set for NBA draft
- Dante Exum declares for draft
- Jazz Selects Exum, Hood in 2014 NBA Draft
- Welcome to Utah, Danté Exum and Rodney Hood
- "BOOMERS EXUM AND BAIRSTOW SELECTED IN NBA DRAFT". Basketball.net.au. June 27, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
- Jazz Signs First-Round Picks Danté Exum and Rodney Hood
- Dante Exum, the FIBA U19 World Championships, and the Purest Form of NBA Draft Nerddom
- NBA Draft Q&A: Who is Dante Exum?
- National Basketball Association scouts from US chasing local teenager Dante Exum
- Dick Weiss on Australia’s Dante Exum