Danville Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota
|Danville Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,024 ft (312 m)|
|• Density||7.3/sq mi (2.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663924|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.1 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.8 square miles (93 km2) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (0.72%) is water.
The city of Minnesota Lake is entirely within this township geographically but is a separate entity.
- Knights Lake (east half)
- Kremer Lake
- Minnesota Lake
- Medo Township (north)
- Freedom Township, Waseca County (northeast)
- Vivian Township, Waseca County (east)
- Dunbar Township, Faribault County (southeast)
- Minnesota Lake Township, Faribault County (south)
- Lura Township, Faribault County (southwest)
- Mapleton Township (west)
- Beauford Township (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Catholic, Danville, Oak Grove, Peace, Saint John and Saint John's.
As of the census of 2000, there were 262 people, 95 households, and 77 families residing in the township. The population density was 7.3 people per square mile (2.8/km²). There were 102 housing units at an average density of 2.8/sq mi (1.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.85% White, 0.38% from other races, and 0.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.38% of the population.
There were 95 households out of which 33.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.7% were married couples living together, 4.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.9% were non-families. 17.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.76 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the township the population was spread out with 24.4% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 22.9% from 25 to 44, 31.7% from 45 to 64, and 13.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 113.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 122.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $41,250, and the median income for a family was $47,083. Males had a median income of $28,750 versus $18,542 for females. The per capita income for the township was $21,527. About 9.6% of families and 12.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.7% of those under the age of eighteen and none of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Danville Township total population