Dao Yi Zhi Lue (simplified Chinese: 岛夷志略; traditional Chinese: 島夷誌略; pinyin: Dǎo Yí Zhì Lüè) or Dao Yi Zhi (simplified Chinese: 岛夷志; traditional Chinese: 島夷誌; pinyin: Dǎo Yí Zhì)  is a book written c. 1339 by Yuan Dynasty Chinese traveller Wang Dayuan 汪大渊 recounting his travels to over a hundred places in South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Africa. The book was written in present day Sri Lanka. It described the weather, products, people, and customs of the places that Wang Dayuan visited.
The timeline for Wang Dayuan's life and travels is 
1330 Sailed for the first time from Quanzhou
1334 Returned to China
1337 Sailed for the second time from Quanzhou
1339 Returned to China
Andaya and Andaya write that Dao Yi Zhi Lue provides more information on areas east of the Malay Peninsula than any other Yuan dynasty source.  According to the postscript Wang Dayuan visited all the places described. However, Park notes that 90% of the text is devoted to Southeast Asia and that Wang does not give details of his route and itinerary to West Asia. However, Deng states that Wang Dayuan's account is consistent with later Ming Dynasty accounts of Zheng He's travels. There is currently no English translation of the text but the Chinese version can be read with the NTI Reader.
- Wang Dayuan, Yuan Dynasty. Dao Yi Zhi Lue. Explanation by Su Jiqing. Zhonghua Book Company 1981, 2000, ISBN 7-101-02026-7, In Chinese.（元）汪大渊著《岛夷志略》，苏继庼校释 1981年, 2000年 中华书局，ISBN 7-101-02026-7
- Wang, Dayuan; Su, Jiqing (2009). Dao Yi Zhi Lue Explanatory Notes 島夷誌略校釋. Beijing: Zhong Hua Shu Ju. p. Intro 10. ISBN 9787101020267.
- Andaya, Barbara; Andaya, Leonard (2014). A History of Early Modern Southeast Asia, 1400-1800. Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press. p. 20. ISBN 9780521889926.
- Park, Hyunhee (2012). Mapping the Chinese and Islamic worlds: cross-cultural exchange in pre-modern Asia. Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press. p. 116. ISBN 9781107018686.
- Deng, Geng (1999). Maritime sector, institutions, and sea power of premodern China. Westport, Conn: Greenwood Press. p. 144. ISBN 0313307121.
- "Dao Yi Zhi Lue 島夷誌略". NTI Reader. NTI Buddhist Text Reader project. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
|This article about a travel book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|