(Daqiao Elementary School)
|Daqiaotou Station Entrance 1|
|Address||B1, No. 223, Minquan W. Rd.|
|Opened||November 3, 2010|
|Line(s)||Xinzhuang Line (O8)
|Daily Ridership||10,254 (2011)
(Ranked 77th of 89)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
The Taipei Metro Daqiaotou Station (Chinese: 大橋頭站; pinyin: Dàqiáotóu Zhàn; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Toā-kiô-thâu Chām) is a station on the Xinzhuang Line located in Datong District, Taipei, Taiwan. It is the last station before the Luzhou Line diverges from the Xinzhuang Line. It is a planned terminus for the Shezi Light Rail Line.
This four-level, underground station has an island platform. It is located beneath the intersection of Minquan West Rd., Chongqing South Rd., and the south side of Daqiao Elementary School Stadium. It opened for service on November 3, 2010 with the opening of the Luzhou Branch Line and the Taipei City section of the Xinzhuang Line.
Originally, plans for the Xinzhuang Line did not include a station in the Daqiaotou (大橋頭) area. However, as part of the city government's urban renewal policy, the area around the station was zoned for redevelopment and revitalization. Thus, in October 2007, it was announced that a new station would be added - Daqiao Elementary School Station. Shortly before the opening of the line, the station name was changed to Daqiaotou Station to reflect the station's historical significance.
The station has a light roof, glass curtain walls, and an arc ceiling. Interior station design is themed "Tales of an Important Bridge" (referring to Taipei Bridge) and features the Tamsui River, Dihua Street marketplace, and historic Daqiao Elementary School.
Excavation depth for this station is 32 meters deep. It is 158 meters in length and 19.85 meters wide. It has three entrances, one accessibility elevator, and two vent shafts. The entrances connect with existing pedestrian underpasses and two joint development buildings.
During construction, an 85-year old red arched gate was temporarily removed. A swimming pool and students' play facilities were also demolished for station construction. The historic gate has since been moved back to its original position, and new swimming and play facilities have been constructed.
|B1||Connecting Level||Connecting Level|
|B3||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates|
|Restrooms (Inside fare zone, outside fare zone near Exit 1)|
|B4||Platform 1||← Luzhou Line toward Luzhou (Sanchong Elementary School)
← Xinzhuang Line toward Huilong (Taipei Bridge)
|Platform 2||→ Xinzhuang Line toward Nanshijiao (Minquan West Road) →|
- Exit 1: Minquan W. Rd., Lane 225
- Exit 2: Northwest side of the intersection of Minquan W. Rd. and Chongqing N. Rd.
- Exit 3: Chongqing N. Rd. Sec. 3, beside the Daqiao Elementary School
Around the station
- Daqiao Elementary School
- Minquan Junior High School
- Yongle Elementary School
- Taiping Elementary School
- Daojiang High School of Commerce
- Taipei Bridge
- Yansan Night Market
- Daqiao Police Station
- Daqiao Market
- Taipei Bridge Post Office
- CPC Corporation, Minquan West Rd. Gas Station
- Council of Indigenous Peoples
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daqiaotou Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations". Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Third Stage of Taipei MRT (Planned MRT Routes)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "捷運車站建築設計 後續路網 新莊線-縣轄段各車站透視圖說明". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
- "Introduction to Xinzhuang MRT Line". Department of Rapid Transis Systems. 2008-03-01. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Lines)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems, TCG. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "( O8 ) Daqiao Elementary School". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Joint Development Project to Promote Urban Renewal at Daqiao Elementary School Station". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-11-01. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "捷運新莊線「大橋國小站」更名為「大橋頭站」". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-08-11. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Daqiao Elementary School Station Renamed Daqiaotou Station". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-08-18. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "New Swimming Pool Provides Prelude to Commercial Service of MRT Daqiao Elementary School Station". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-05-01. Retrieved 2010-07-23.