||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Born||18 August 1977
Dar Salim (born 18 August 1977) is a Danish actor. He received a Bodil Award nomination in the category Best Actor for the film Go With Peace, Jamil in 2008.
Dar Salim was born in Baghdad in Iraq on 18 August 1977. He fled to Denmark as a six year-old refugee and lived at Amager. After high school he worked as a tour guide and worked as a Royal Guard . In 2002 he became a trained pilot. Today, he is known for his work as a film and television actor. He has trained at the William Esper Studio in New York and also studied method acting school in London. He has also attended private lessons with actress Sarah Boberg. His acting career started with a casting in TV2's television series Forsvar.The role that probably gave him the greatest exposure among Danish television viewer was as the Green Party chairman in Borgen. In early 2013, he presented TV2's Good Evening Denmark, and is also starring in TV2's crime drama Dicte.
Salim lives in Copenhagen with his girlfriend Meta Louise Foldager, with whom he has a son Zidane Storm Salim.
- Gå med fred, Jamil (2008) – Jamil
- Min bedste fjende (2009) – Gymnastiklærer
- Submarino (2010) – Goran
- Smukke mennesker (2010) – Aversionsterapeut
- Sandheden om mænd (2010) – Christian
- Frit fald (2011) – Hans
- A Hijacking (2012)
- Tatort (2014) – Hassan Nidal
- Forsvar, episode 10 (2003) – Taxi driver
- Livvagterne, episodes 5-6 (2009) – Ammar Hayat
- 2900 Happiness, episode 95, 101 (2009) – Pilot 2
- Borgen (2010) – Amir Diwan
- Game of Thrones (2011) – Qotho
- Dicte (2012) - Bo Skytte
- Bron/Broen (2013) - Peter Thaulou
- Tatort - Brüder (2014) - Hassan Nidal
- Olsen, Mette (2012-09-27). "Devious way to success" (in Danish). Copenhagen: Politiken. Retrieved 2013-01-29.