October 6, 1989 |
Lloydminster, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg; 15 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Binghamton Senators (AHL)
Dziurzynski, who played junior in the British Columbia Hockey League with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs, was signed by the Ottawa Senators on April 6, 2010 as an undrafted free agent to a three year contract.
At training camp in 2010, Dziurzynski made the roster of the Senators' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate Binghamton Senators. He was a member of the 2011 AHL Calder Cup championship squad. Dziurzynski returned to Binghamton for the 2011–12 and 2012–13 seasons. Dziurzynski made his NHL debut, playing for Ottawa in Toronto against the Toronto Maple Leafs on February 16, 2013. Three days later he scored his first NHL goal against Rick DiPietro of the New York Islanders. And on February 25 scored his second against Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens. On March 6, 2013, he was knocked out by a punch in a fight against the Toronto Maple Leafs' Frazer McLaren resulting in a concussion that kept him from playing for over 10 days. Dziurzynski was reassigned to Binghamton later that month.
The Ottawa Senators later re-signed Dziurzynski to a one-year, two-way contract on July 10, 2013. On July 3, 2014 the Senators re-signed Dziurzynski to a two year, two-way contract.
|2009–10||Alberni Valley Bulldogs||BCHL||57||21||53||74||79||13||9||10||19||8|
- "Alberni Bulldogs open training camp". BCLocalNews.com. 2009-08-21. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Senators sign CJHL forward David Dziurzynski". Ottawa Senators. 2010-04-06. Retrieved 2010-04-06.
- "Knocked down by Maple Leaf enforcer, Senators’ Dziurzynski bounces back". Toronto Star. 2013-03-16. Retrieved 2013-03-16.
- David Dziurzynski's player profile at NHL.com
- David Dziurzynski's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- David Dziurzynski's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|