|Full name||Darian Roy Townsend|
|National team|| South Africa
28 August 1984 |
Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|College team||University of Florida
University of Arizona
Darian Roy Townsend (born 28 August 1984) is a competition swimmer and Olympic gold medalist who competed for South Africa. He became a U.S. citizen during the summer of 2014, and has subsequently represented the United States in international event.
Townsend attended the University of Arizona, where he swam for the Arizona Wildcats swimming and diving team in 2007 and 2008. He previously attended the University of Florida and competed for the Florida Gators swimming and diving team in 2005 and 2006.
- Arizona Wildcats
- Florida Gators
- List of University of Florida Olympians
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- World record progression 200 metres individual medley
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres freestyle relay
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Athletes, Darian Townsend. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Darian Townsend – Olympic athlete profile at Sports-Reference.com
|Men's 200-metre individual medley
world record-holder (short course)
November 15, 2009 – December 17, 2010
|This biographical article related to a South African swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South African Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|