||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (July 2014)|
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (July 2014)|
February 8, 1985 |
|Genres||jazz/world fusion music|
|Associated acts||Dario "Rainote" Chiazzolino 4|
Chiazzolino was born in Turin, Italy. He began playing guitar at age of 12. When he was 14 he played with his first bands and at the same age he had the first professional engagement. Dario became soon a skilled guitarist and was quickly labeled a prodigy; he studied at Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory in Turin and graduated with top marks in guitar.
Dario Chiazzolino is considered one of the finest and most virtuoso guitarist of the last generation. As teen, his musical horizons expanded with the influence of jazz: great jazz icons such as Charlie Parker, Clifford Brown, Miles Davis and Bill Evans radically influenced his music. in the summer of 2006 he participated to Umbria Jazz Festival where he was awarded as "Best Guitar Player"; he joined Berklee/Umbria Jazz Clinics 2006 Award Group. With this band he played at the Umbria Jazz Winter Festival. During his career he played with jazz artists such as: Billy Cobham, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez, Bob Mintzer, Russel Ferrante, William Kennedy, Jimmy Haslip, Felix Pastorius, Julio Barreto, Dave Liebman.
In 2010 took part to a Latin Jazz project; he recorded the album named "Proposition", with Dany Noel Martinez on bass, Horacio Hernandez on drum, Ivan Bridon and Ivan Melon Lewis on piano, Carlos Sanduy on trumpet and with guest singer Concha Buika and other main Latin icons as Ramón Porrina, Jerry Gonzáles, Inoidel González, Javier Masso “Caramelo“, Fernando Favier, Diego Guerrero, Ivette Falcón Urgate, Daniel Martínez Miranda.
He played with the Principles Sound project. This band is composed by Yellow Jackets member as Bob Mintzer, Russell Ferrante and Jimmy Haslip. With them he recorded the album "Lost in the Jungle" at Fire House Recording Studio in Pasadena, Los Angeles. After that Dario took part in Yellow Jackets 2012 Tour.
He also recorded in duo with the cuban bassist Dany Noel Martinez the same year: their album is named Confidence.
He was on tour with the saxophonist Andy Sheppard in 2014.
Album as leader
- 2010: Bewitched - with Pit Linsky, Greg Miller.
- 2011 Paint your life - with Taylor Eigsti, Marco Panascia, Willie Jones III.
- 2011 The best thing for you - with Rick Stone.
- 2011 Very Early - with Dario Deidda, Gaetano Fasano.
- 2013 Rewriting Songs - with Nico Di Battista.
- 2013 Confidence - with Dany Noel Martinez.
- 2012 Lost in the jungle - with Bob Mintzer, Russel Ferrante, Jimmy Haslip.
- 2014 Red Cloud - with Antonio Faraò, Dominique Di Piazza, Manhu Roche.
Album as sideman
- 2008: Six Strings - with Marc Didegrot, Emilie Elia, John Grael, Joe Kindman, Kirk Fairten, Joël Patrick
- 2008: Swing me - with CB Orchestra
- 2009: Six Strings - with Mathias Krüger, Vincent Körtig, Joël Patrick, Damien Werner, Joe Kindman, Joël Patrick
- 2009: Torino Jazz Lab - with Furio Di Castri, Bruno Tommaso, Torino Jazz Orchestra.
- 2010: Six Strings - with Antony Rives, Andrea Schmidt, Rian Fisher, Johan Mùller
- 2010: Proposcion - with Dany Noel Martinez, Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez , Ivan Bridon, Concha Buika
- 2010: Kabel - with Giovanni Falzone, Kabel Ensamble
- 2011: Virgen - with Ivan Bridon, Sofie Reinhardt
- 2011: Tinta Unida - with Dany Noel Martinez, Benjamin Santiago Molina, Juan Carlos González, Dani Morales, Diego Guerriero
- 2011: Nuovi Segnali Acustici - with Nico DI Battista, Roberto Taufic, Gino Evangelista, Giovanni Unterberger
- 2014: Untidiness - with Chiara Raggi, Aaron Goldberg, Ugonna Ogekwo, Lawrence Leathers.