September 28, 1989 |
Raleigh, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Wakefield (Raleigh, North Carolina)|
|College||Hutchinson CC (2008–2009)
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55th overall|
|Selected by the Dallas Mavericks|
|Pro playing career||2012–present|
|2012–2013||Los Angeles Lakers|
|2012–2013||→Los Angeles D-Fenders (D-League)|
|2013||Spartak St. Petersburg (Russia)|
|2013–present||Sichuan Blue Whales (China)|
Johnson-Odom was born in Raleigh, North Carolina. In 2009, he transferred to Marquette University from Hutchinson Community College. As a senior, Johnson-Odom was named to the Preseason All-Big East First Team.
Johnson-Odom spent three seasons at Marquette University before he was selected 55th overall in the 2012 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks, who immediately traded him to the Los Angeles Lakers. Johnson-Odom was assigned to the Lakers' D-League team, the Los Angeles D-Fenders, several times during 2012–13 season.
On January 7, 2013, Johnson-Odom was waived by the Lakers. It was the final day for NBA teams to cut players on non-guaranteed contracts before their contracts became locked for the season. He played four games and had just 6 minutes in total for the Lakers, spending most of his time in the D-League where he was the D-Fenders' leading scorer, averaging 20.6 points per game.
He joined the Boston Celtics for the 2013 Orlando Summer League. On September 25, 2013, he was re-signed by the Lakers. However, he was later waived again on October 16. On October 18, 2013, he signed with the Sichuan Blue Whales of China.
- Medina, Mark (June 29, 2012). "NBA Draft: Darius Johnson-Odom named after Magic Johnson". LATimes.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012.
- "Pittsburgh's Gibbs Selected BIG EAST Preseason Player of the Year". bigeast.org. October 19, 2011. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012.
- Ex-Laker Johnson-Odom Joins Russian Team
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- Lakers Waive Darius Johnson-Odom
- Pincus, Eric (January 7, 2013). "Lakers waive Darius Johnson-Odom, keep Robert Sacre". LATimes.com. Archived from the original on January 9, 2013.
- A quick look at the Celtics' Summer League roster
- Lakers Sign Two Players to Training Camp Roster
- Lakers waive Darius Johnson-Odom
- Darius Johnson-Odom signs with Sichuan Blue Whales
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com, or NBA.com/dleague
- Marquette bio