Most Exalted Order of the Star of Sarawak
|Darjah Utama Yang Amat Mulia Bintang Sarawak|
|Awarded by The State Government of Sarawak|
|Motto||Dum Spiro Spero (Berharap Selagi Bernafas,As long as I breathe, I hope) (1964-1973)
Hidup Selalu Berkhidmat (Live to Serve) (1973-1988)
Bersatu, Berusaha, Berbakti (United, Striving, Serving) 1988-Present
|Awarded for||State Order of Merit|
|Grades (w/ post-nominals)||7 (S.B.S.),(P.N.B.S.),(P.S.B.S.),(J.B.S.),(P.B.S.),(A.B.S.),(B.B.S.)|
|Distinct recipients||860 (living recipients at each time of appointment only)|
|Next (lower)||Darjah Yang Amat Mulia Bintang Kenyalang Sarawak (Order of the Star of Hornbill Sarawak)|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2011)|
The Darjah Utama Yang Amat Mulia Bintang Sarawak (Most Exalted Order of the Star of Sarawak) is the highest state order in the state of Sarawak. It is conferred to those who rendered excellent service in the development of the state of Sarawak, and Malaysia as well. The Order was established in 1964, a year after the Sarawak's independence within the formation of Malaysia. The history of the order could be traced back to 1928, where a similar order,named Order of the Star of Sarawak was established by the Brooke administration. However, the revived order has no connection with the previous order, except for the similarity of the name of the order. The motto of the Order is based on the state motto and the current one was adopted in 1988.
|Order||Post-nominal||Title||Created||Changed||Living recipients at each time
of appointment only
|Satria Bintang Sarawak (Knight Grand Commander)||S.B.S.||Pehin Sri||2003||None||8||1|
|Panglima Negara Bintang Sarawak (Knight Commander)||P.N.B.S.||Dato' Sri||1964||1973,1988||8||2|
|Panglima Setia Bintang Sarawak (Commander)||P.S.B.S.||Dato'||1964||1973,1988||18||3|
|Johan Bintang Sarawak (Companion)||J.B.S.||None||1964||1973,1988||52||4|
|Pegawai Bintang Sarawak (Officer)||P.B.S.||None||1964||1973,1988||Unlimited||5|
|Ahli Bintang Sarawak (Member)||A.B.S.||None||1964||1973,1988||Unlimited||6|
|Bentara Bintang Sarawak (Knight)||B.B.S.||None||1964||1973,1988||Unlimited||7|
- The latest addition to the order, the 'Knight Grand Commander', was instituted in 2003,with Former Malaysian PM Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad and Sarawak Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud became its first recipients.
- The design of the order ribbon was changed twice,first in 1973, and secondly in 1988. The current Order ribbon design was based on the 1988 design. The design was based on the colors of the Sarawak flag: Blue, Red and White (1973 design), Yellow, Black and Red (1988 design).
- 'The Officer of the Star of Sarawak' and 'Officer of the Star of Hornbill Sarawak' shares the same necklace design.
- On the Governor of Sarawak 78th Birthday, Haris Silajdžić, The former President of Bosnia and Herzegovina was awarded the honorary title of 'Datuk Patinggi'.
- "Ketua Menteri Dapat Gelaran Pehin Sri". Rakan Sarawak. 9 February 2003. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- . 13 September 2014 title=Adenan a Datuk Patinggi http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/09/13/adenan-a-datuk-patinggi/ title=Adenan a Datuk Patinggi. Retrieved 13 September 2014. Missing or empty
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|