Dark side of the Moon
In common usage, the Dark side of the Moon refers to the side that is opposite to the Sun and which causes the phases of the Moon, e.g. New Moon, Half Moon etc to appear from the perspective of the Earth. In some different contexts it can instead refer to the far side of the Moon—the hemisphere of the Moon that is permanently turned away and never visible from the surface of the Earth. This usage is a reference to the fact that its surface can never be viewed directly from the Earth and is thus unknown and mysterious. The term was commonly used during the Apollo program, although far side of the moon is now more preferable.
For other uses see below.
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 1973 album by Pink Floyd
- Dark Side of the Moon, 1972 album by Medicine Head
- The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side of the Moon, album by the Flaming Lips
- The Pink Floyd songs "Brain Damage" and "Eclipse" often mistakenly labelled "Dark Side of the Moon" because the phrase is repeated therein.
- "The Dark Side of the Moon", a major work for brass band by Paul Lovatt-Cooper
- "Dark Side of the Moon", a track by Dutch trance group Ernesto vs Bastian containing a reference to Pink Floyd's piece.
- "Dark Side of the Moon", a song by German dance/trance group Dune
- "Dark Side of the Moon", an unreleased Elton John song (not to be confused with "Bad side of the Moon.")
- Dark Side of the Moon, the final track on Lisa Brokop's 2000 album Undeniable
- "Dark Side of the Moon", the opening track on Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Dark Of The Moon Score
- "The Dark Side of the Moon", a song on Machine Gun Kelly's Black Flag album.
- Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Tour 1972-1973
- The Dark Side of the Moon Live, 2006-2008 concert tour for the album by Pink Floyd member Roger Waters
Film and television
- Dark Side of the Moon (film), a French mockumentary
- La Face cachée de la lune, David Joy a 2003 film by Robert Lepage
- The Dark Side of the Moon (film), 1990 film by D.J. Webster
- Classic Albums: Pink Floyd – The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon, a 2003 DVD about the Pink Floyd album
- "Dark Side of the Moon" (1998), episode 21 of anime series Silent Möbius
- Dream Theater Covers Dark Side Of The Moon. Live At Hammersmith Apollo London (2005)
- "Dark Side of the Moon" (Supernatural), an episode of the television series Supernatural
- The Dark Side of the Moon (TV series), a Russian television series
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Iron Sky
- A Hill on the Dark Side of the Moon, a 1983 Swedish film
- Dark Side of the Moon, 2006 novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 2000 novel by Martin Suter
- The Dark Side of the Moon, 1976 young adult novel by William Corlett
- Dark Side of the Moon a PC video game consisting of 6 CD-ROMs by South Peak Interactive, and released in 1998.
- Dark side (disambiguation)
- The Dark Side of the Moo, Pink Floyd bootleg
- Dark Side of the Spoon
- Planetshine, when reflected sunlight from a planet illuminates the dark side of one of its moons
- Carolina in My Mind, James Taylor, which first appeared on his 1968 debut album, James Taylor.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica; or A dictionary of arts, sciences, and miscellaneous literature, Volume 3, 1823 page 44 Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, 1977, the landing area on the far side of Devil's Tower is referred to as "the dark side of the moon"
- "The Grammarphobia Blog: The dark side of the moon". Retrieved 16 July 2014.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.