||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2012)|
Darko Angelov (Macedonian: Дарко Ангелов) is a Macedonian diplomat with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia. As of April 2010, he is the Ambassador of the Republic of Macedonia to Hungary and from March 2012, Ambassador Angelov is the first Macedonian, non-resident ambassador to Nigeria and the country's first ever ambassador assigned to Sub-Saharan Africa. In July 2012 Ambassador Angelov also took over the position of a non-resident ambassador to Kazakhstan
From May 2009 until March 2010, Ambassador Angelov served as the Secretary General (Chief of Staff) to the President of the Republic of Macedonia Dr. Gjorge Ivanov. From March 2008 to April 2009, he was the Program Advisor on the Russian Federation at the Council of Europe headquarters in Strasbourg on the Council's justice and home affairs cooperation with Russia. In 2007-2008 he worked as the Senior Political Assistant at the OSCE Mission to Skopje, Macedonia, and prior, from 2004 to 2007, he was as a Program Officer with the Council of Europe on regional justice and home affairs cooperation between the countries of the Western Balkans.
Born in Skopje, Macedonia, Mr. Angelov received a Bachelor of Arts with Honors degree in Political Science and Social Geography from Utrecht University in the Netherlands and a Master of Arts degree in International Relations and European Studies from the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary; both degrees with a full, merit-based scholarship.
Darko Angelov was a recipient of the Career Achievement Alumni Award of the Central European University for its twentieth anniversary in 2011 and was a Marshall Fellow with the German Marshall Fund of the United States in 2009. He is a founding member of the editorial board of "Crossroads", the Macedonian Foreign Policy Journal, where he has also written several analysis papers on foreign policy. Mr. Angelov is the author of the "The New Era of European Defence: EU and NATO's Juxtaposition", as well as of numerous foreign policy papers published in Macedonian and foreign journals.
He is married to Biljana Griovska.
- Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia to the Republic of Hungary
- Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Budapest
- Ambassador Angelov recipient of Hungarian award for professional achievements
- European MMFs travel the U.S. to build personal connections and strengthen the transatlantic partnership
- "Crossroads", the Macedonian Foreign Policy Journal
- The Diplomata Magazin - Interview with His Excellency Darko Angelov, Ambassador of the Republic of Macedonia
- Ambassador's Welcome at Home Page of the Macedonian Embassy to Hungary
- "The New Era of European Defence: EU and NATO's Juxtaposition" by Darko Angelov
- "Reinventing EU Enlargement: Macedonia and the Western Balkans", public lecture by Ambassador Angelov at the Central European University
- "Macedonia keen to cooperate with Kazakhstan in oil & gas, pharmaceutical industries", Ambassador Angelov on potentials for Kazakhstan - Macedonia cooperation