||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Born||December 13, 1988|
|Ethnicity||Polish and Native American (Cherokee)|
|Height||5'9.5" ; 176cm|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Measurements||(US) 34-24-35 ; (EU) 86.5-61-89|
|Dress size||(US) 4 ; (EU) 34|
At the age of 17, she first signed with Supreme and Women Management in New York, Milan, and Paris in 2005. In January 2005, she made her debut at the spring Chanel couture show in Paris. In February 2006 she walked the fall Cynthia Rowley, Nanette Lepore, Zac Posen, Giambattista Valli, and Viktor & Rolf shows in New York and Paris. That same year she appeared and modeled for the Express spring ad campaign, the fall Chanel couture show in Paris, Neiman Marcus fall catalog, and the spring 3.1 Phillip Lim, Oscar de la Renta, Alessandro Dell’Acqua, Kenzo, and Miu Miu shows in New York, Milan, and Paris.
In 2007, at the age of 19, it was announced that Baker would become the face of Giuseppe Zanotti. That February, she opened the fall Custo Barcelona show in New York, and also walked for Alexander Wang, Anna Sui, Lacoste, Thakoon, and Tuleh. She also appeared in Malo spring ad campaign, Nordstrom fall catalog, and Chanel couture for Neiman Marcus’ Christmas catalog.
The following year, 2008, she skips the fall ready-to-wear season, with the exception of an appearance at Chris Benz in New York and models for Neiman Marcus spring catalog. Through 2009 - 2010, Baker takes a small break, only appears in a few small campaigns.
Baker, now 23, becomes the face of Sisley in 2011.
Over the years, Baker has appeared in advertisements and campaigns for Anthropologie, Avon Products, Baker's Shoes, Bloomingdales, FullCircle, Free People, Giuseppe Zanotti, Kate Spade New York, LOFT, Malo, Mark, Neiman Marcus, No.l.ita Hair Products, Royal Elastics, Schiesser, Sisley, Spiegel, and Target Corporation.
Baker currently resides in New York, New York. In her spare time she has expressed she enjoys crafting and painting. She played the piano for around 14 years and has also "taught it for a bit."
- Elite Model Management - New York, Los Angeles, Toronto
- Ace Models
- Premier Model Management
- Marilyn Agency - Paris
- Why Not Model Agency - Milan
- Modellink Model Agency
- 2010 - 2013 Priscillas Model Management
- 2007 - 2011 Why Not Model Agency - Milan
- 2006 - 2011 Mode Models - Calgary
- 2008 - 2011 Elite Model Management - Miami
- 2007 - 2011 Louisa Models - Munich
- 2007 - 2010 Models 1
- 2007 - 2010 Traffic Models - Barcelona
- 2007 - 2010 Giovanni Model Management - Montreal
- 2007 - 2010 L.A. Models
- Vogue Germany - October 2006
- Fashion - May 2007
- Numéro - September 2007
- Vogue Gioiello - May 2008
- L'Officiel - February 2011
Baker has been featured in several other magazines like Germany Glamour, D Magazine, Women's Wear Daily, BlackBook, French Revue de Modes, Interview, Wonderland, French Marie Claire, Nylon, Surface, and Teen Vogue.
- Unknown. "Darla Baker's Career Highlights". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- Unknown. "Darla Baker". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 20 January 2013.