|Directed by||Lawrence Kasdan|
|Produced by||Elizabeth Redleaf|
|Written by||Lawrence Kasdan
|Music by||James Newton Howard|
|Edited by||Carol Littleton|
Werc Werk Works
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Classics (USA)
|Running time||103 minutes|
Darling Companion is a 2012 drama film directed by Lawrence Kasdan, written by Kasdan and his wife Meg, and starring Diane Keaton and Kevin Kline. Filming took place in Utah in 2010 and was released on April 20, 2012.
Beth Winter (Keaton) rescues a lost dog from the roadside and names him Freeway. Her children have grown up and moved away, and her husband, Joseph (Kline), is distracted and self-involved. Beth forms a strong friendship with the dog and is deeply upset when, after her daughter's wedding, her husband loses the dog. They engage the service of a psychic gypsy to find the dog again.
In the end after finally giving up, the family boards an airplane. While flying over the mountains, Beth sees the dog and her husband fakes a ruptured appendix to have the pilot turn the airplane around. In one last attempt at a search, they scour the trees in the area Beth saw the dog, when at last Freeway appears in a field and runs to Beth, reunited at last, bringing the family closer together.
- Mark Duplass as Bryan Alexander
- Richard Jenkins as Russell
- Diane Keaton as Beth Winter
- Kevin Kline as Dr. Joseph Winter
- Elisabeth Moss as Grace Winter
- Sam Shepard as Sheriff Morris
- Dianne Wiest as Penny Alexander
- Ayelet Zurer as Carmen
- Darling Companion at the Internet Movie Database
- Darling Companion at Rotten Tomatoes
- Darling Companion at Box Office Mojo
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|