Darnytsia Railway Station
||This article's images may require adjustment of image placement, formatting, and size. (May 2012)|
|Darnytsia Railway Station
Ukrainian: Залізнична станція "Дарниця"
Long-distance passenger terminal currently under construction
|Address||3 Pryvokzalna St., Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Connections||tram, marshrutka, metro (planned)|
|Platforms||1 bay platform + 2 island platforms (+3 island platforms under construction)|
|Parking||limited, under construction|
|Rebuilt||1953, expansion continuing from 2003|
|Kiev Urban Electric Train
Ukrzaliznytsia's Darnytsia Railway Station (Ukrainian: Станція "Дарниця", Stancija Darnytsia) is the largest railroad station (and the main freight station) of the Ukrainian capital Kiev, located in the city's Left-bank Darnytsia area.
Built in the nineteenth century, the Darnytsia complex has grown into a gigantic hub, stretching for more than 10 km along the main east-west route. There is a major passenger terminal under construction on the Darnytsia station. It is meant to become Kiev's second long-distance terminal, easing the traffic tension in the main Kiev Passenger Railway Station; also a depot for country's almost launched high-speed trains.
The Darnytsia hub comprises:
- several sorting yards
- hump yard
- commuter passenger terminal and two additional train stops
- locomotive and railcar depots
- DVRZ railcar repairing company
- numerous industrial sidings.
Passenger service 
Commuter service 
On February 16, 2007, the renovated commuter train terminal (pair of mirroring opposite buildings) of the station was opened to the public.
Commuter and intra-city directions from Darnytsia:
Long-distance service 
Currently most long-distance trains pass through Darnytsia non-stop; none of them originate or terminate at the station. However, the ticket boxes in the commuter terminals sell tickets for all long-distance routes in Ukraine.
Interconnections with city transport 
Prospects of future expansion 
Since 2012, Ukrzaliznytsia gradually increases the number of long-distance passenger trains that stop for Darnytsia in order to relieve the Kiev Passenger Railway Station and prevent some of the passenger flow from crossing the overloaded city bridges
See also 
- Ukrzaliznytsia - the national railways company of Ukraine
- Darnytsia Railcar Repairing Plant
- Bridges in Kiev
- Kiev Passenger Railway Station is Kiev's main passenger station that serves vast majority of long-distance trains.
- "Darnytsia Railway Station is planned to be finished by 2008". uaPortal (in Ukrainian). November 5 2006.
- "The local commuter train terminal is opened within the capital". NTN (in Ukrainian). Retrieved February 16, 2007.
- Для мешканців лівого берега столиці введена зупинка поїзда Київ - Донецьк на ст. Дарниця (Ukrainian)
- Trainer for drivers of Hyundai Rotem electric trains installed at Darnytsia Station
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Darnytsia Railway Station|
- Google maps - Satellite view of the Darnytsia passenger railway terminal
- Wikimapia Larger satellite view of the whole Darnytsia railway hub
- archunion.com.ua - Darnytsia Railway Station project (Russian)
- vladya.io.com.ua - Photogallery of projects for the railway station (Russian)
- "The first passenger tunnel of the railway complex opens". 5 Kanal (in Ukrainian). August 1 2006.