June 11, 1985 |
Westland, Michigan, United States
|Other names||The Detroit Superstar|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||156 lb (71 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||72 in (183 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Wayne, Michigan|
black belt in TaekwondoNCAA Division III Wrestler
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Cruickshank made his amateur debut in August 2008 where he defeated Tom Grisham via KO at XCC 11: Duel in Downriver 2. He then went on to knock out his next two opponents in the first round to finish his amateur career and become a professional.
King of the Cage
In Cruickshank's professional debut he fought Ricky Stettner at KOTC: Strike Point where he won by first round KO.
Bellator Fighting Championships
On July 12, 2011, it was announced that Cruickshank signed a contract with Bellator Fighting Championships to fight on their upcoming Summer Series card on July 23. He was supposed to fight Lithuanian fighter Sergej Juskevic but unfortunately that fight was scrapped at the last minute.
The Ultimate Fighter
Cruickshank competed on The Ultimate Fighter: Live beginning in March, 2012. In the elimination fight, he defeated Drew Dober by unanimous decision to get into the TUF house. Cruickshank was selected third (sixth overall) by Urijah Faber to be part of his team. In the first fight on the show, Cruickshank was chosen to face James Vick of Team Cruz. Despite controlling much of the action in the opening round, Cruickshank was knocked out with a knee on a takedown attempt.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Cruickshank was expected to face Henry Martinez on September 1, 2012 at UFC 151. However, after UFC 151 was cancelled, Cruickshank/Martinez was rescheduled and took place on December 8, 2012 at UFC on Fox 5. He won the fight via spectacular knockout in the second round.
Cruickshank next faced John Makdessi on March 16, 2013 at UFC 158. He lost the fight via unanimous decision. In the final 10 seconds of the Makdessi fight, Cruickshank had his nose badly injured and wound up having surgery to repair what his doctor called "the worst thing he's ever seen." He underwent the surgery in May of 2013.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|17 matches||13 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||13–4||Adriano Martins||Submission (armbar)||UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson||November 9, 2013||2||2:49||Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil|
|Win||13–3||Yves Edwards||Decision (split)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Moraga||July 27, 2013||3||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Loss||12–3||John Makdessi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 158||March 16, 2013||3||5:00||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Win||12–2||Henry Martinez||KO (head kick)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz||December 8, 2012||2||2:57||Seattle, Washington, United States||158 lb catchweight, Martinez missed weight|
|Win||11–2||Chris Tickle||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale||June 1, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–2||Jesse Gross||TKO (punches & elbows)||Score Fighting Series 3||December 3, 2011||1||1:39||Sarnia, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||9–2||Mike Ricci||Decision (unanimous)||Ringside MMA 12||October 21, 2011||5||5:00||Montreal, Quebec, Canada||Cruickshank wins Ringside Lightweight Title|
|Win||8–2||Brad Cardinal||TKO (punches)||Slammer in the Hammer||June 17, 2011||1||4:35||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Win||7–2||Tiawan Howard||Decision (split)||BUCB - Stars and Stripes||April 9, 2011||3||5:00||Parma, Ohio, United States|
|Loss||6–2||Luis Palomino||KO (head kick & punches)||G-Force Fights - Bad Blood 5||February 26, 2011||1||3:52||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States|
|Win||6–1||Anthony Smith||TKO (punches)||King of the Cage - Civil War II||September 11, 2010||1||1:52||Royal Oak, Michigan, United States|
|Loss||5–1||Bobby Green||Submission (guillotine choke)||King of the Cage - Imminent Danger||August 13, 2010||2||2:39||Mescalero, New Mexico, United States||For KOTC Junior Welterweight Championship|
|Win||5–0||Jason Holmes||Decision (split)||King of the Cage - Bad Boys 2||April 16, 2010||3||5:00||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Win||4–0||Raul Mandez||KO (punches)||King of the Cage - Uppercut||March 13, 2010||1||2:19||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Win||3–0||Dominic Deshazor||TKO (punches)||Xtreme Cagefighting Championship - Beatdown at the Ballroom 9||March 6, 2010||1||1:25||Mt. Clemens, Michigan, United States|
|Win||2–0||Brett Biederman||Submission (rear naked choke)||Xtreme Cagefighting Championship - Rumble in Royal Oak 5||January 16, 2010||2||2:58||Royal Oak, Michigan, United States|
|Win||1–0||Ricky Stettner||KO (spinning backfist)||King of the Cage - Strike Point||October 10, 2009||1||2:23||Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin, United States|
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". MMAJunkie.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Mixed martial arts results, Season 15 - The Ultimate Fighter". State of Nevada, Department of Business and Industry Athletic Commission. March 9, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Episode No. 2 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. March 16, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "TUF Live Finale adds Cruickshank-Tickle". MMAJunkie.com. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Martinez vs. Cruickshank added to UFC 151". MMAJunkie.com. July 20, 2012. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "Cruickshank-Martinez moved from scrapped UFC 151 to UFC on FOX 5". mmajunkie.com. August 27, 2012.
- Cody Rempel (January 5, 2013). "Makdessi Set To Face Cruickshank At UFC 158". topmmanews.com.
- The Insider W/ Daron Cruickshank by Dane Ford (MMAInsider.net) on May 28, 2013
- Staff (2013-07-11). "Daron Cruickshank replaces Spencer Fisher, meets Yves Edwards at UFC on FOX 8". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Staff (2013-09-18). "Daron Cruickshank vs. Adriano Martins added to UFC Fight Night 32". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Jason Floyd (2013-12-08). "Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio announced for UFC on FOX 10". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2013-12-08.