Darrel R. Falk
|Darrel R. Falk|
|Occupation||Professor of biology at Point Loma Nazarene University|
|Known for||Author and Biologist|
Falk attended Simon Fraser University, originally planning on becoming an M.D. eventually. In his second university semester, he signed up for Introduction to Biology, Genetics, and Developmental Biology. Falk graduated from Simon Fraser University in 1968 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He then completed his Ph.D. from the University of Alberta in 1973.
Career and research
He did post-doctoral studies at the University of British Columbia (1973–74) and at the University of California at Irvine, California (1974–76). He was an Assistant/Associate Professor at Syracuse University from 1976 to 1984. Then a professor at Mount Vernon Nazarene College in Ohio from 1984 to 1988. Since 1988, he has been a professor at Point Loma Nazarene University.
Falk is a Christian and believes in theistic evolution. He is president of The BioLogos Foundation, founded by geneticist Francis Collins, which seeks to facilitate a better relationship between faith and science. He has authored a book on the creation-evolution controversy titled Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology (InterVarsity Press, 2004), with a foreword by Collins. He has been critical of the intelligent design movement and written about the movement frequently on The BioLogos Foundation's website.
- Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology (InterVarsity Press, 2004)
- Affirming: The Brightening Lamp (with Arthur F. Seamans) (Point Loma Press, 2002) ISBN 0-9652698-6-8
- "Darrel R. Falk". Point Loma Nazarene University. 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- Video on YouTube
- Falk, Darrel (May 3, 2012). "The BioLogos Forum - Darrel Falk". BioLogos Foundation. Retrieved 2012-05-03.
- Dr. Darrel Falk at Point Loma Nazarene University
- Dr. Darrel Falk at The BioLogos Foundation
- Works by or about Darrel R. Falk in libraries (WorldCat catalog)