Darren Lynn Bousman
|Darren Lynn Bousman|
Bousman at the Repo! Road Tour 3
January 11, 1979 |
Overland Park, Kansas
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer, editor|
(m. January 2, 2010 – present)
Bousman was born in Overland Park, Kansas, the son of Nancy and Lynn Bousman. He is a graduate of the Film School at Full Sail University. He attended high school at Shawnee Mission North High School in Overland Park, and studied film at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Bousman got engaged to Laura Bosserman on October 4, 2008 and subsequently married her on January 2, 2010.
During 2004, he was pitching an idea for a movie called The Desperate to various American studios, who complained that the screenplay was too violent, and the plot was too close to Saw. David A. Armstrong who worked on Saw asked Bousman if he could show the script to Saw producer Gregg Hoffman. Hoffman read the script and called Bousman interested in producing "The Desperate", but after showing the script to his partners Mark Burg and Oren Koules, the two decided it would be the perfect opportunity to turn "The Desperate" into Saw II. Two months later, Bousman was flown to Toronto to direct.
During the production of Saw II, Bousman directed the music video for Mudvayne's single "Forget to Remember," which appeared as the lead song on the soundtrack album. Saw II was profitable and Bousman was signed on to direct Saw III, which was released on October 27, 2006.
After Saw III, Bousman announced that he would never direct another Saw film so that he would be free to prepare for his project Repo! the Genetic Opera, the stage version of which he had directed in 2002. Despite this, on February 19, 2007, Leigh Whannell announced that Bousman had signed on to direct Saw IV. Bousman explained that before shooting could begin on Repo! The Genetic Opera, there was a gap of time during which the songs were being pre-recorded, and he would be able to direct Saw IV during that period.
He directed an episode of the horror anthology show Fear Itself, entitled "New Year's Day". He has also been attached to direct the remake of David Cronenberg's Scanners. Bousman taught Film director newcomers in the Horror Film Boot Camp, which began on May 7, 2010 and ended on May 9, 2010 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He will direct the psychological thriller Ninety which based on screenbook of Scott Millam.
In 2011, Bousman directed the film 11-11-11.
In 2012, Bousman reunited with Repo! writer Terrance Zdunich along with several cast members to direct The Devil's Carnival, a short film that is planned to be the first installment of a longer series.
On May 13, 2013, it was announced that Bousman will be directing a film titled Sacrilege, another religious-themed work, the first being 11-11-11. He is currently shopping the film to the Cannes Film Festival.
- 2000: Butterfly Dreams
- 2001: Identity Lost
- 2005: Saw II
- 2006: Saw III
- 2007: Saw IV
- 2008: Repo! The Genetic Opera
- 2010: Mother's Day
- 2011: Ninety
- 2011: 11-11-11
- 2012: The Barrens
- 2012: The Devil's Carnival
- 2013: Sacrilege
- 2014: The Devil's Carnival: Episode 2
- 2014: Abattoir
- 2015: The Devil's Carnival: Episode 3
- 2000 : Butterfly Dreams
- 2001 : Identity Lost
- 2005 : Saw II (with Leigh Whannell).
- 2011 : 11-11-11
- 2011 : The Barrens
Recurring cast in Darren Lynn Bousman's films
- "Special Screening Of Lionsgate's "Repo! The Genetic Opera" - Arrivals". Life.com. 2008-11-06. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- Biography for Darren Lynn Bousman. Retrieved on May 8, 2007.
- "Saw II: Director Darren Bousman & Writer Leigh Whannell". Bloody Disgusting. The Collective. 2005. Archived from the original on August 22, 2011. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- Bousman, Darren Lynn (2010). "Saw II". Darren Lynn Bousman Official Site. Archived from the original on August 23, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- Darren Lynn Bousman, Donnie Wahlberg and Beverly Mitchell (2006). Saw II Commentary (DVD). Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Event occurs at 1:29:11– 1:29:13.
- "Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures Announce SAW III for Halloween 2006". PR Newswire. March 3, 2006. Retrieved August 19, 2011.
- "Repo! or Repo Men? Which Came First? Bousman Speaks Out!".
- Hollywood Gothique: SAW IV - Darren Lynn Bousman Interview
- "Want to Make a Horror Movie? Attend the Horror Film Boot Camp!".
- "'Ninety' Kills in 90 Mother F*cking Minutes?! Horror Bliss Anyone?".
- SNEIDER, JEFF (Sep 15, 2011). "'True Blood's Stephen Moyer takes on Jersey Devil". VanityFair. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Darren Lynn Bousman.|