|Full name||Darren David Powell|
|Date of birth||10 March 1976|
|Place of birth||Hammersmith, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Hampton & Richmond Borough|
|2004||→ West Ham United (loan)||5||(1)|
|2009–2010||Milton Keynes Dons||24||(0)|
|2012–||Hampton & Richmond Borough||10||(0)|
|2013–||Hampton & Richmond Borough (joint with Paul Barry)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:44, 29 February 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Darren David Powell (born 10 March 1976 in Hammersmith) is an English footballer. He is currently in his second spell at Hampton & Richmond Borough. He appeared over 250 times in Football League and Premier League games in his career.
Darren Powell began his career with Hampton before moving to Brentford where he spent four years. In August 2002 he signed for Crystal Palace for £400,000 and initially became an integral part of the team, scoring in the dying seconds of Palace's Play-off semi-final Second Leg game, at Sunderland taking the score on the night to a 2–1 defeat, but the aggregate score to 4–4. Palace won on penalties, and were promoted to the Premiership, following a Final win over West Ham. After promotion, he fell out of favour and spent a month at the end of 2004 on loan to West Ham where he scored once in the league against Watford.
In July 2005 he was out of contract and signed for Harry Redknapp at Southampton on a Bosman free transfer. Powell's first goal for the Saints was against Ipswich Town on 13 September 2005. Powell scored his second goal for the club with a first minute tap in from Adam Hammill's cross in a 3–2 home defeat to Queens Park Rangers. After three years of failing to establish himself in the first team due to a run of minor injuries, returning chairman Rupert Lowe decided not to renew Powell's contract.
He trained with Charlton Athletic whilst searching for a club and was handed a trial at Derby County in November 2008. On 21 November 2008, Powell signed an initial two-month contract for Derby, and made his debut in the 2–0 defeat to Ipswich Town a day later. Powell was released by the East Midlands outfit on 21 January 2009, after new Rams manager Nigel Clough decided against extending his contract, Powell played eight times for Derby County.
On 11 March 2009, Powell joined Leeds United on a trial basis. He re-signed for his first professional club, Brentford, on 21 March 2009 on a contract until the end of the season. He managed only a handful of appearances before being released at the end of the season. On 7 August 2009 he had agreed one year contract with League One team Mitlon Keynes Dons. He played his first game for the dons in the 0–0 draw against Hartlepool on 8 August 2009.
Along with three other players he was released by MK Dons at the end of his contract on 30 June 2010.
In January 2012, Hampton & Richmond Borough Chairman Steve McPherson claimed that Powell was close to making a comeback with the club. a move which was confirmed on 27 January. He made his second debut for the club the next day coming off the bench at half time in a 2–2 draw away to Havant & Waterlooville.
In April 2013, Powell and First team coach Paul Barry took charge of Hampton & Richmond Borough, now in the Ryman Premier, on a caretaker basis until the end of the season after manager Mark Harper resigned his position. The pair were installed as the permanent management team in May 2013.
- Nationwide League Division Three champions: 1998–99
- Football League Two champions: 2008–09
- Football League Trophy runners-up: 2001
- Hugman, Barry J. (ed) (2008). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2008–09. Mainstream. ISBN 978-1-84596-324-8.
- "Sunderland 2–1 C Palace". BBC. 17 May 2004. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "West Ham 3–2 Watford". BBC. 27 November 2004. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Ipswich 2–2 Southampton". BBC. 13 September 2005. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Southampton 2–3 QPR". BBC. 9 February 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
- "Powell released by Saints". BBC Sport. 21 July 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2008.
- "Powell in line to plug the gap". Derby Telegraph. 20 November 2008. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Powell pens Derby deal". Derby County F.C. 21 November 2008. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Defender Powell leaves Rams". therams.co.uk. 21 January 2009. Archived from the original on 24 January 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
- Experienced defender set for Hartlepool appearance...
- "POWELL PUTS PEN TO PAPER". mkdons.com. 8 Augusut 2009. Archived from the original on 19 February 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "MK Dons sign Gary MacKenzie, release four". BBC Sport. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Powell back to help Hampton". NonLeagueDaily.com. 27 January 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Havant & Waterlooville 2-2 Hampton & Richmond". Soccerway. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Update on management positions for the rest of the season.". isthmian.co.uk. 3 April 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2014.