Darren Ritchie (actor)
|Born||1977 (age 36–37)
South Carolina, United States
|Notable work(s)||Bells are Ringing (2001)|
|Spouse(s)||Denny Alfonso Ritchie|
Darren Ritchie (born 1977) is an American actor and singer, originally from Florida.
He is perhaps best known for originating the role of Jonathan Harker in Frank Wildhorn's Broadway production of Dracula, the Musical in 2004. He has also appeared in featured roles in the Broadway revivals of Little Shop of Horrors, 2003, and Bells are Ringing, 2001, (as Blake Barton). He appeared in the world premiere of Wildhorn's Camille Claudel, at the Goodspeed Opera House, Norma Terris Theatre, in 2003, understudying the role of Paul Claudel.
He appeared in the regional premiere of Ace at the Old Globe Theatre, San Diego, California, in January 2007. He has also appeared in several films and television shows, most notably Stroller Wars.
In 2009, he originated the role of the White Knight/Jack in Wildhorn's Wonderland: Alice's New Musical Adventure for its Tampa, Florida world premiere production. He reprised the role for the show's Broadway run in spring 2011.
Darren Ritchie is married to Yahoo news reporter Denny Alfonso. They live in Los Angeles.
- Jones, Kenneth."Wildhorn and Knighton's Camille Claudel, the Musical, Ends Sept. 7 at Goodspeed" September 7, 2003
- Gans, Andrew and Hernandez, Ernio.New Musical Ace, With Michael Arden, Begins Old Globe Run Jan. 13" playbill.com, January 13, 2007
- Jones, Kenneth."Boyd, Murphy and Wildhorn's Wonderland Musical Opens, Mason, Llana Go Down Rabbit Hole" playbill.com, December 5, 2009
- The Broadway League. ""Wonderland"". ibdb.com. Internet Broadway Database.com. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Twitter Watch: Darren Ritchie and Denny Alfonso Announce Engagement!". BroadwayWorld.com. Wisdom Digital Media. August 21, 2013. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
|This article about an American theatre actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|