||This article may be an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (January 2011)|
27 April 1972 |
Darren Rowse (born 27 April 1972) is a blogger, speaker, consultant and founder of several blogs and blog networks, including b5media, ProBlogger.net and digital-photography-school.com. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
In November 2002, while working as a part-time minister, for an online department store, and as a casual laborer, Rowse started LivingRoom.org.au, a blog about living in Australia, religion (mainly the emerging church movement), politics and other topics that he found interesting.
Rowse contributes to around 20 different blogs (although he is only actively blogging on three) - including topic specific blogs such as the Athens Olympics and the Michael Jackson court case - he runs with other bloggers.
His two main personal blogs are 'Digital Photography School' which features photography tips and ProBlogger which features tips on blogging. These two blogs get around 85,000-100,000 page views a day and over $20,000 in total ad revenue a month...
Rowse is a co-founder of b5media, the blog network he founded in September 2005 with fellow bloggers Jeremy Wright, Shai Coggins and Duncan Riley. The blog network claims to have over 300 blogs, and one of the largest new media networks in the world with one million page views a day in 2006.
Rowse was named in the Forbes Web Celebrity List in 2007.
In 2008 Rowse co-authored the book 'ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income' (Wiley) and founded TwiTip - a blog dedicated to Twitter Tips. He also has a Twitter page. Rowse is co founder of the Third Tribe and founder of Problogger Paid community
In 2011 Rowse was a speaker at the blogopolis blogger conference in Melbourne.
Darren has also held two Problogger events in Melbourne 
Outside of blogging
- About Darren
- Becoming a ProBlogger - A story in Many Parts
- Wendy Boswell: Interview with Darren Rowse of ProBlogger
- Darren Rowse (2008). "How Many Blogs Do You Write On? How Many Posts Per Day?". ProBlogger. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Sam Varghese: Living high on the blog Sydney Morning Herald
- Jason Hill: A blog's life Sydney Morning Herald
- The Age: Rowse Ad-ministers a one-man media empire The Age
-  The Australian
- KELLY K. SPORS: New Services Help Bloggers Bring in Ad Revenue Wall Street Journal
- Popular Blogs Most Favorited Technorati
- Popular Blogs Most Linked To Technorati
- Congratulations Problogger - Bloggie Winner cre8d design
- b5media: About Us
-  Forbes
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income ISBN 978-0-470-24667-2