|Born||0 December 1969|
|Residence||Houston , Texas, United States|
|Occupation||Vice President of resources of BP America|
Darryl Keith Willis (born c. 1969) is an American geologist and publicist, currently Vice President of resources of BP America. He is head of Deepwater Horizon oil spill claims and public relations spokesperson for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Willis has appeared in many public relations advertisements clad in an orange shirt and has been featured in CNN's The Situation Room.
Willis graduated from Louisiana Scholars' College at Northwestern State University in 1991, received a Master of Science in Geology from the University of New Orleans and received a Master in Global Management and Public Policy from Stanford in 2007.
Willis married his wife Dawnia Tyrese Richard Willis on September 10, 2005, on Martha's Vineyard days after his mother Cora Hambrick Willis had lost her house in Hurricane Katrina. Willis's brother Robert "Bobby" Willis, Sr., a former employee of WWL-TV, relocated to Gonzalez, Louisiana in the wake of Katrina. He died March 18, 2010.
Willis, a geologist by profession, said he was tapped for the volunteering after hearing BP executives discuss the plan. "Folks were talking about paying claims in 30 to 60 days...And I knew, being from Louisiana, that that was going to be about 30 days too long, and we needed to get people's claims paid as quickly as possible."
Willis said he was surprised by his profile position. "I actually took over this role assuming I would be tucked away in some office making sure systems and processes were working," he says.
- the CNN Wire Staff (2010-06-03). "BP: We'll pay the bill for now". Cable News Network. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- Rioux, Paul, West Bank bureau (2010-06-27). "New Orleans native gives BP a friendlier face". NOLA.com. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- Darryl K. Willis profile on facebook
- "MVTimes Online - The Martha's Vineyard Times: Island News Now". Mvtimes.com. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Robert Wills Sr. Obituary: View Robert Wills's Obituary by The Times-Picayune". Obits.nola.com. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Darryl Willis: BP's Unexpected Public Relations Man". NPR. Retrieved 2010-07-10.