October 12, 1951 |
Darryl Anka (born on October 12, 1951) is a new age personality who channels an interdimensional being called "Bashar".
More recently, Anka wrote and directed a fictional documentary about the afterlife called Dearly Departed through his production company, Zia Films, and is currently (2013) in production on a documentary about channeling and extraterrestrial contact, based on two UFO sightings within one week of each other and subsequent experiences.
Anka claims that he began to communicate, through trance-channeling, with an extra-terrestrial entity called "Bashar" in 1983.  He describes Bashar as existing in a parallel reality, in a time frame that we perceive as the future. The monologues and dialogues with Bashar cover a wide range of topics including human psychology, planetary evolution, metaphysics, and extra-terrestrials. Occasionally, Anka will act as a guest speaker in conferences related to issues such as ET contact. Anka also claims to have channeled other entities, and the entity Bashar has also been channeled by other mediums.
Anka's channeling sessions are both private and public. They are usually recorded and many have been compiled into various books and audio-visual material. His first book is The New Metaphysics.
- The New Metaphysics by Darryl Anka (1987) California: Light & Sound Communications Inc. ISBN 1-55626-000-8
- Blueprint for Change by Darryl Anka (December 1990) New Solutions Pub ISBN 1-56284-113-0
- Quest for Truth: 100 Insights That Could Change Your Life by Darryl Anka and Steve Meyers (1st edition, December 1997) Nobul Pr ISBN 0-9656078-1-X
- Darryl Anka on the Internet Movie Database
- Quest for Truth on Barnes and Noble mentioning book sales in Japan.
- Tuning In, on the Internet Movie Database: "A feature-length documentary exploring, for the very first time and in a very down-to-earth fashion, the phenomenon of channeling"
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Age-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|