The Dartmouth Sportsplex is an indoor sports and community centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, opened 1982. It houses an arena, two swimming pools with water slides, and other fitness, leisure and events facilities. It is managed by the Dartmouth Sportsplex Community Association, a non-profit organization which runs the facility on behalf of the Regional Council.
The arena has a capacity of 3,000 for hockey and 3,500 for stage events. It has been home to various junior, senior and minor and high school hockey teams. It also hosts occasional trade shows and concerts. The complex also houses a 25 metre, eight lane swimming pool, home to the Dartmouth Whalers and Dartmouth Crusaders swim clubs, as well as a smaller teaching pool.
Other facilities include meeting and community rooms, racquetball and squash courts, a running track, water slides, saunas, and a canteen. Planning is presently underway to expand the Sportsplex to host a new community gymnasium, improved fitness facilities, a new entrance lobby, improved provisions for youth and the disabled, and to generally refresh existing facilities.
Clubs and events hosted
- Canada Winter Games - men's and women's ice hockey, February 11-27, 2011
- Metro Marauders Junior A hockey team, 2010–2013 (now Valley Wildcats)
- Nova Scotia Liberal Party leadership convention, April 2007
- Dartmouth Destroyers, Canadian Elite Hockey League, 2005-2006
- IIHF World Women's Championships, 2004 (co-hosted with Halifax Metro Centre)
- Emergency shelter, Operation Yellow Ribbon, 2001
- Dartmouth Oland Exports, Maritime Junior Hockey League, 1995–1998
- Dartmouth Moosehead Mounties, 19??-????
- Fred Page Cup, 1996,
- Air Canada Cup, 1992
- Annual SEDHMA minor hockey tournament
- Various Musical Concerts