Darul Uloom Haqqania
Darul Uloom Deoband, India
Darul Uloom Haqqania (Urdu: دار العلوم حقانیہ) is an Islamic religious seminary located in Akora Khattak, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan. The seminary propagates the Deobandi trend of Sunni Islam and was founded along the lines of Darul Uloom Deoband. It has been dubbed The University of Jihad due to the methods and content of instruction along with the future occupations of their alumni.
The Chancellor of Darul Uloom Haqqania is Maulana Sami ul Haq of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam. The seminary is also famous for having many senior leaders of the Afghanistan Taliban among its alumni, including Mullah Omar, and its role in supporting the Taliban.
- Jalaluddin Haqqani of the Haqqani Network
- Mullah Omar received an honorary doctorate from Darul Uloom Haqqania
Benazir Bhutto conspiracy
- EU snub for hardline Pakistan MP, BBC News Online, 20 April 2005
- Inside Islam's "terror schools", William Dalrymple, New Statesman, 28 March 2005
- The Father of the Taliban: An Interview with Maulana Sami ul-Haq , Imtiaz Ali, Spotlight on Terror, The Jamestown Foundation, Volume 4, Issue 2, May 23, 2007
- The 'university of holy war', Haroon Rashid, BBC Online, 2 October 2003
- Pakistan religious schools get scrutiny, Mark Magnier, Los Angeles Times, May 30, 2009
- Conspiracy hatched at Akora Khattak: FIA, Express Tribune, 26 May 2010
- Education mullah style, Tony Cross, Radio France Internationale, 11 May 2008
- Pakistan: The Taliban takeover, Ziauddin Sardar, New Statesman, 30 April 2007
- Maulana Sami ul-Haq: Father of the Taliban, Center for Strategic and International Studies Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project, 27 Jan 2009