|Founder||Abdul Malik Mujahid|
|Country of origin||Saudi Arabia|
|Nonfiction topics||Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Life of Prophets, Biography and History of Islam|
Darussalam Publishers is an International Islamic Publishing House. It was established in 1986 in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by Mr. Abdul Malik Mujahid. Currently, it is headquartered in Riyadh and has branches in countries around the world including Saudi Arabia, UAE, Pakistan, USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, India and South Africa. Its success is attributed to the efforts of more than 50 research scholars, experts and workers of the institution. This institution is known for the propagation of the Quran and Sunnah. Darussalam considers it a priority to maintain international publishing standards in terms of quality and content.
The inspiration of Darussalam came to Mr. Abdul Malik Mujahid when he read about the largest publishing institute of Lebanon which was owned by a non-Muslim and worked for the propagation of their religion. Mr. Abdul Malik Mujahid also realized that the books on Islam published in the past contained many academic mistakes and shortcomings of production. In view of this situation an institute for the printing and publication of academic and research works was founded by the name of Darussalam. Established in 1986, this institute has so far established its publication centers in many countries of the world. It has the distinction that a large team of eminent scholars and researchers is engaged in the preparation and supervision of the academic plans of this institute.
Initially Darussalam’s aim was to print an authentic Arabic text of the Quran, its translation in different languages, and publication of brief commentaries and marginal notes on it. These publications have been received with positive reception at the international level. King Fahd established a permanent system for the publications of Darussalam’s 'Tafsir Ahsan ul Bayan' (which comprises translation and marginal notes on the Quran) and 'The Noble Quran’ in millions and their distribution in the world of Islam. English translation of the most popular commentary on the Quran (Tafsir ibn Kathir) has been completed and its translation into other modern languages is in progress.
Similarly in the realm of Hadith, its publications have been admired by scholars and specialists on the subject. Darussalam has also taken up the task of publishing the accurate texts of Hadith along will full reference to the relevant authorities. Sahih al-Bukhari has been printed from Italy and has finest level of printing. Darussalam has also combined the Sihah Sitta (The Six Authentic Books of Ahadith) in one volume. Sihah Sitta has also been translated English, French, German Spanish, Persian and Urdu.
On March 30, 2012, Darussalam Publications published the first volume of an eleven-volume series entitled Encyclopedia of Seerah.
On April 19, 2013, Darussalam received a commemorative plaque from Saudi Gazette in an event organized by the Saudi Gazette in Riyadh in honor of its advertisers.
Darussalam has published more than 1400 authentic Islamic books in different languages of the world in a very unique and beautiful style. Darussalam has published books in Urdu, Arabic, English and twenty six other languages. These languages include Persian, Turkish, Indonesian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Albanian, Sindhi, Pashto, Tajik, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Swahili, Nepali, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog and Somali. It has published the translation of the Holy Quran in 25 global languages. The main topics of Darussalam publications include Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, life of Prophet Muhammad, Biography and History of Islam. The main theme of these books is to present to the reader the fundamentals of Islam as explained by the most recognized Islamic Scholars in the Muslim world.
These are some of the important publications:
- Atlas of Quran (ISBN 978-9960897547)
- Atlas of the Prophet’s Biography (ISBN 978-9960897714)
- Atlas of Islamic Conquests (ISBN 978-6035000741)
- The Noble Quran (ISBN 978-1591440000)
- Tafsir Ibn Kathir (ISBN 978-1591440208)
- The Sealed Nectar (ISBN 978-1591440703)
- Enjoy your Life (ISBN 978-6035000338)
Darussalam products also include Audio and Video CDs, Islamic Software and Islamic Digital Devices such as Educational devices, Digital Quran and Quran Pen reader.
Most of the books published by Darussalam are according to the standards of Italy and Lebanon. There are printing presses located in Italy and Beirut. These books are of the highest printing and binding quality. Other books of different languages are also printed in Saudi Arabia and China. There is also a printing press in Pakistan which specializes in books in Urdu language. The other main features of Darussalam are as follows:
- Presenting books free from sectarianism and in accordance with the Quran and the Sunnah.
- Producing books in concise, easy, lucid, comprehensive form.
- Working to develop a better understanding of different schools of thought among the Muslims.
- Presenting books written by the most senior Islamic scholars and authors.
- Editing of manuscripts by a Board of senior editors.
- Supervising every stage of publication by a team of qualified staff.
- Introducing educational devices for the learning of the Quran through computer technology.
Darussalam’s head office is located at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. There are three Darussalam showrooms in Riyadh at Olaya, Malaz, Suwailam and Al-Suwaidi. Other than nine cities of Saudi Arabia, the distribution network of Darussalam is spread in approximately twenty eight countries. These countries include UAE, Kuwait, UK, USA, France, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, India and South Africa. The three main show rooms in Pakistan are located in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. The main show room in Lahore and the Pakistan head office of Darussalam is located at 36 Lower Mall. More than a hundred institutes sell Darussalam books across Pakistan.
Head Office P.O. Box: 22743, Riyadh 11416 K.S.A.
|Riyadh, Saudi Arabia ||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Makkah, Saudi Arabia||Madinah, Saudi Arabia|
|Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia||Khamis Mushayt, Saudi Arabia|
|Yanbu, Saudi Arabia||Buraidah, Saudi Arabia|
|Sharjah, U.A.E||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Karachi, Pakistan||Islamabad, Pakistan |
|Houston, Texas, USA||Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|London, UK||Sydney, Australia|
|Mississauga, Ontario, Canada||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Paris, France||Colombo, Sri Lanka |
|Mumbai, India||Durban, South Africa |
|Singapore, Singapore |
There are Darussalam Research Centers located in the head office in Riyadh and the Pakistan main office in 36 Lower Mall, Lahore. Before reaching Press, all the important phases of publication take place at these Research Centers. A team of Ulama work on the books. Other than that, there is an extensive network of Religious Scholars across the globe.
Darussalam Studios and Baba Salam Educational Series
Darussalam is utilizing IT and multimedia sources for Islamic publishing. These sources include Audio and Video CDs and Islamic Software. In the field of digital devices, Darussalam has started a new moral lesson series called Baba Salam. Baba Salam digital devices include Educational laptop, Digital Quran and Quran Pen reader.
Darussalam Islamic Supermarket
Modern Showrooms are located in Karachi (Main Tariq Road), Islamabad (F-8 Markaz), Lahore (36 Lower Mall) which are based on the concept of “Islamic Supermarket”. It is a new and unique concept where products related to Islam and Islamic Culture are displayed on counters. Books on the topics of Quran, Translation and Tafsir, Ahadith, Fiqh, Life of Prophet, History of Islam, Fatwas on contemporary issues, Literature for youngsters, Interesting children stories with moral lessons, Audiocassettes, Audio and Video CDs, Islamic Digital Devices, Islamic Software, Baba Salam Educational Series, Imported Attar (Scents), Headscarves, Hijab, attractive prayer mats, Ihram, Islamic caps, Miswak, Socks, Dates imported from Madinah, Surma, Pure Honey nutritious products, Olive Oil, Office Stationary, Islamic Gifts.
Darussalam Trust (Registered) Lahore, Pakistan
In 2003, Darussalam established a welfare institution by the name of ‘Darussalam Trust’ to fulfill social, nutritional and spiritual needs of humans. It has been got registered regularly by the Government of the Punjab. The registration number is PP/120/12.
- "Darussalam: Publishing house with a distinction". Arab News. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Conversation of Abdul Malik Mujahid M.D. of the famous publishing house "Darussalam" with Nidaimillat". (March 5–11, 2009). Nidaimillat http://nidaimillat.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/ePaper/, p. 4.
- "Darussalam publishes Encyclopedia of Seerah". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Darussalam Publishers receives commemorative plaque from Saudi Gazette". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- P.O. Box: 22743, Riyadh 11416 K.S.A.
- PO Box 46959 Sharjah UAE
- Google maps. "Address of Darussalam Islamic Books". Google maps. Retrieved 12 November.
- Z-110, 111 (D.C.H.S) Main Tariq Road. Opposite to Free Port Shoping Mall
- F-8 Merkz Shawaiz Center
- Google maps. "Address of Dar-us-Salam Publications". Google maps. Retrieved 11 October.
- Google maps. "Address of Dar-Us-Salam". Google maps. Retrieved 11 October.
- Google maps. "Address of Darussalam International Publication Ltd". Google maps. Retrieved 11 October.
- Google maps. "Address of Darussalam Islamic Bookshop". Google maps. Retrieved 11 October.
- Nasiruddin Al-khattab, 2-3415 Dixie Rd, Unit # 505, Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4J6,
- Google maps. "Address of Darussalam Int'l Publishing & Distribution Sdn. Bhd.". Retrieved 11 October.
- Edition & Librairie Essalam 135, Bd de Ménilmontant- 75011 Paris
- Darul Kitab 6, Nimal Road, Colombo-4
- Islamic Books International 54 Tandel Street (North) Dongri Mumbai 4000 09
- Islamic Oa'wah Movement (IOM) 48009 Qualbert 4078 Durban,South Africa
- Muslim Converts Association of Singapore 32 Onan Road The Galaxy Singapore- 424484