Darwin Township, Clark County, Illinois
Location in Clark County
Clark County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1854|
|• Total||27.58 sq mi (71.4 km2)|
|• Land||27.15 sq mi (70.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.43 sq mi (1.1 km2) 1.56%|
|Elevation||522 ft (159 m)|
|• Density||12.6/sq mi (4.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62441, 62477|
|GNIS feature ID||0428874|
Darwin Township is located along the Wabash River in eastern Clark County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 342 and it contained 164 housing units. The township was named for the village of Darwin, which was named for the English scientist, Charles Darwin.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.58 square miles (71.4 km2), of which 27.15 square miles (70.3 km2) (or 98.44%) is land and 0.43 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 1.56%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Bubeck, Darwin and Hall.
- Marshall Community Unit School District 2c
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- Perrin, William Henry, ed.. History of Crawford and Clark Counties, Illinois Chicago, Illinois. O. L. Baskin & Co. (1883).
- "Darwin Township, Clark County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 100.
||Marshall Township||Wabash Township|
|Anderson Township||Prairie Creek Township, Vigo County, Indiana
Prairieton Township, Vigo County, Indiana
|Melrose Township||York Township||Fairbanks Township, Sullivan County, Indiana|