Dasari Narayana Rao
|Dasari Narayana Rao|
May 4, 1944 |
Palakol,West Godavari,Andhra Pradesh, India
False Statement Maker
Dasari Narayana Rao (born 4 May 1944, Palakol, West Godavari, Andhra Narayana Rao has directed about 150 films, including Bollywood. He produced 53 films and worked in more than 250 films as a dialogue writer and as a lyricist. Most of his films emphasized social injustice, corruption and gender discrimination. Accused one in Coal scam. He has received nine Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards. He holds Limca World Record for directing the most number of films.
As a director, He has garnered two National Film Awards and five Filmfare Awards South. In 1983, he directed Meghasandesam which received critical acclaim at the Indian panorama, Chicago, Cannes and Moscow film festivals. Besides graduating with a BA degree, he used to take part in scores of drama competitions. He was soon recognised as a potential stage artiste, screenwriter and director. During his career he has also acted in Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada languages. He has introduced actors and directors like Mohan Babu, R. Narayana Murthy, Raviraja Pinisetty, Mutyala Subbaiah etc. to Telugu film industry.
Early life and career as a journalist
Later, Dasari was elected to the Rajya Sabha He became the Minister of state in Ministry of Coal. Said to be a confidante of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Dasari once again became active in politics after Congress Party came back to power in 2004.
Dasari made a controversial remark against Ram Charan by saying that "young heroes never act but they know only for record dance".
During the audio launch of Balupu, he indirectly criticized Thaman. He said “you are the busiest music director as of now; try to give some variations between movies so that people can easily identify which song is from which movie”.
The senior director alleged that awards, both at state and central level can be managed."It all started with private awards, where the organizers gave away awards to Top Stars in the Industry to cash in on their presence for attracting sponsors and TRPs. Now, this bad custom has spread to state and national awards. Sadly the prestigious awards like Padma Sri, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and even Dada Saheb Phalke can be obtained now through lobbying. There were instances that some people got benefited, though they weren't eligible for it," said Dasari.
On June 11, 2013 Central Bureau of Investigation booked Dasari Narayana Rao for receiving Rs. 2.25 Crore from Naveen Jindal in connection with Coalgate scam, and filed FIR against both.  On April 21, 2014 Dasari Narayana Rao was summoned to CBI Headquarters and was questioned by CBI regarding the alleged irregularities. 
- Special Jury Award / Special Mention (Feature Film) - Kante Kuthurne Kanu - 1998
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - Meghasandesam - 1982
- Kante Kuthurne Kanu - 1998
- Bangaru Kutumbam - 1994
- Meghasandesam - 1982
- Swargam Narakam - 1975
- Samsaram Sagaram - 1973
- Tata Manavadu - 1972
- Filmfare Best Director Award (Telugu) - Gorintaku (1979)
- Filmfare Best Director Award (Telugu) - Premabhishekam (1981)
- Filmfare Best Director Award (Telugu) - Osey Ramulamma (1997)
- Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) - Meghasandesam (1982)
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award - South (2001)
- Other Awards
- Vamsee Berkeley, Kalasagar, Siromani, Madras Film Fans Awards and Cine Herald Awards
- Jyothi Chitra Super Director Award — six times
- Ancient Andhra Patrika Best Director Award — six times
- Sobhan Babu first memorial award in 2009
- Doctorate "Kalaprapoorna" from Andhra University for his contribution to Telugu Culture and Telugu Cinema in 1986.
- Newsmaker: Dasari Narayana Rao | Business Standard
- Dasari Narayana Rao lashes out - Times Of India
- Jun 30, 2011 - Ranjana Dave (2011-06-30). "The meaning in movement". The Asian Age. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- Dr. DasariNarayanarao Open Heart With RK Abn Andhrajyothy - YouTube
- Dasari to expose some film personalities - The Hindu
- Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao's son kidnapped - Hindustan Times
- Telugu movie 'Tata Manavadu' will complete 40 years on Mach 23, 2013
- The Hindu Business Line : Dasari Narayana Rao portfolio changed
- Coalgate Scam: CBI files FIR accusing Naveen Jindal and Dasari Narayan Rao of fraud - Economic Times
- The Hindu http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/cbi-questions-dasari-narayana-rao-in-coal-scam-case/article5934080.ece?homepage=true
|url=missing title (help).
- NTR National Award to Dasari Narayana Rao and Raghupathi Venkaiah Award to Tammareddy Krishnamurthy for 2007