Daspur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||32. Ghatal|
|Electorate (year)||242,252 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 230 Daspur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Daspur II community development block, and Basudevpur, Daspur I, Daspur II, Nandanpur I, Nandanpur II and Panchberia gram panchayats of Daspur I community development block.
In 2012, a by-election was necessitated by the death of sitting Trinamool Congress MLA Ajit Bhunia. Mamata Bhunia of AITC defeated her nearest rival Samar Mukherjee of CPI(M) by 18,928 votes.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Daspur |
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||11.16#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||0|
|Jharkhand Party (Naren)||0||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||7||7|
|Communist Party of India||1||1|
Note: Constituency abolished – 1 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections, Sunil Adhikari of CPI(M) won the Daspur assembly seat, defeating his nearest rival, Ajit Bhunia of Trinamool Congress. Ajit Bhunia of Trinamool Congress defeated Chaittaranajan Mukhopadhyay of CPI(M). in 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Chittaranjan Mukhopadhyay of CPI(M) defeated Jagannanth Goswami of Congress in 1996. Prabhas Phadikar of CPI(M) defeated Asit Bandopadhyay of Congress in 1991, Paresh Mondal of Congress in 1987, Sudhir Bera of Congress in 1982, and Bankim Chandra Sasmal of Janata Party.
Sudhir Chandra Bera of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Mrigendra Bhattacharya of CPI(M) won in 1969. B.C.Sasmal of Congress won in 1967. Mrigendra Bhattacharya of CPI won in 1962. Bhabani Ranjan Panja of Congress won in 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951 the Daspur seat was won by Mrigendra Bhattacharya of CPI.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Trinamul wins bypolls but edge thins". The Telegraph, 16 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Daspur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Daspur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Daspur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "198 - Daspur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-20.